Suunto Cobra problem, any one have any ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, thanks for the response. I could have sworn I turned the valve all the way on, but who knows. I went to my LDS and bought a regular SPG and we hooked it up and then put the regs on the tank. She opened the valve but not all the way. When I breathed the regular guage went up and down with the breathing, but the Cobra did not respond as quick. So instead of going up and down it just kept going down. But once you quit breathing the pressure built back up and it went to normal. Which is exactly what happened diving. It kept going down and when I would surface "and quit breathing thru the reg" it would go back to normal. So it seems I either had a bout of stupidity and did not open the valve all the way or I had a bad valve on the tank. But either way my Cobra is working perfect!!!! Hooo Hoooooooooo
Thanks for the help
David

That Cobra is defective, send it to me.............you can buy a new one.

with out a little piece of paper showing when and where u got it.. gl getting it serviced for free... if u do have that paper send it in and let them figger it out after you lds say they cant

my buddy and I went for a dive to a location that is at 75 feet. he has a cobra too. wierd part is his cobra was fine when we started, at the bottom it showed 108 feet when we were really at 75. yikes.... so we came back up did a safety stop and exited the water. while putting our stuff away his computer said he was still at 30 feet!!! best part was it went on for an hour and a half!!! LOL thats gotta be a record. Hes seding it in for a look at. totally weird stuff.

extra back up stuff is always nice to have. just need the cash for it and strength to drag it all around.

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom