Suunto Cobra vs. Vytec profile inconsistent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Cobra is not air integrated, my buddy's Vytec is using the transmitter. I have the Cobra 2.

One other thought, the Cobra is air integrated so is the Vytec if using the transmitter. IIRC Suunto model will take into the amount of gas being used. Is it possible that you were breathing more than your buddy?

You may have "hit" upon it. While I did have a really suckkky sac rate, that could be the answer. I used 65.4 psi/min and buddy used 52.2 psi/min. This was indeed my worst sac rate however, due to the depth, maybe it wasn't necessarily that bad. :eyebrow:

One other thought, the Cobra is air integrated so is the Vytec if using the transmitter. IIRC Suunto model will take into the amount of gas being used. Is it possible that you were breathing more than your buddy?

How does tissue loading depend upon SAC rate ? Can you elaborate ?

My Cobra is not air integrated, my buddy's Vytec is using the transmitter. I have the Cobra 2.

:confused:

Cobra 2 is an AI computer.

You may have "hit" upon it. While I did have a really suckkky sac rate, that could be the answer. I used 65.4 psi/min and buddy used 52.2 psi/min. This was indeed my worst sac rate however, due to the depth, maybe it wasn't necessarily that bad. :eyebrow:

Wouldn't put you into deco.

Are you reading the computer right? Perhaps you were looking at the remaining bottom time, which your computer shortened once your "remaining air time" became shorter than your remaining "no deco time."??

The Cobra is air integrated. AI just means the computer monitors your depth as well as air consumption. How the air integration is done is another matter. The Cobra uses a hard connection whereas the Vytec uses a wireless connection.

How does tissue loading depend upon SAC rate ? Can you elaborate ?

Tissue loading is dependent on blood flow. An increase in SAC rate may be an indication of a higher work load which would require an increase in blood flow.

Are you reading the computer right? Perhaps you were looking at the remaining bottom time, which your computer shortened once your "remaining air time" became shorter than your remaining "no deco time."??

I think RJP is on to something. I just reread your second post saw the "deco warning" and given that your sac was higher I bet you saw the remaining air time or no deco time.

Can you post up the dive profiles? Or make the files available? The software can easily let one look at what your computer was saying.

Tissue loading is dependent on blood flow. An increase in SAC rate may be an indication of a higher work load which would require an increase in blood flow.

Do you have any info supporting this ? It's the first time I hear this algorithm. Not picking on you but I have never hear of SAC rate being taken into consideration while calculating tissue loading

According to you if you have say 2 fit people one male 180lb and 1 female 110lb their SAC rates would be quite different in favor of female and thus the female will have more NDL time ???

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom