suunto d9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitro:
Hey guys.. Anyone had problems with their D9 resetting itself repeatedly. As in I have had it a few weeks and haven't even been able to dive with the damn thing yet??

Back to the retailer with it. Tell them to give you a new one, and while they're at it, they can shut up.

Yes I will fo that for sure.. One more thing how much have you guys paid for a brand new D9 and where did you buy just as a matter of interest. Thanks

I want one of those myself, but I can't justify spending almost $2000.00 dollars on a computer right now.

Well here is justification.... its not just a computer... it totally replaces your brain and will do your laundry while you sleep... no wait, thats not right... Maybe I spent too much time in the sun today...:yelling:

To answer the original thread question the D9 compass is 100% acurate when the unit was working..

At $1800 I'll stay with my Stinger and $60 compass. In 3 years or so I'll consider upgrading when the price comes down to earth, unless I win the lottery first.

on a serious note, something I have noticed with Suunto wrist computers with integrated compasses (I own a climbing computer I use as an aviation computer), sometimes they go out of calibration.... not a big deal, all you have to do is reset the compass (MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS EVERY TIME YOU CHANGE THE BATTERY!!!!)..

The compass will not be off by much, but from what im told, 2 or 3 degrees underwater can make a HUGE difference....

The only thing I think could have made the D9 better would be a rotating bezel on the top, and the digital north indicator on the actual watch face (went around the outside of the face) like the Vector (non dive computer)....

I am just fine with my Vyper.... I dont think ANYONE can justify spending 1800+ on a dive computer JUST cause it has a built in compass.... :wink:

Hey stryker... Thanks for your input. The D9 compass should be clibrated before every use to ehlp adjust for surrounding magnetic interference. The unit is made of titanium and comes with the transmitter, it also has deep stops adjustable sample rate and adjustable suunto rgmb algorythum. So it's not just the compass you pay all the extra dollars for. Oh and did I mentionit comes with the uplink cable and the dive maganger software which at $1400 retail makes it a pretty damn good buy when you look at the stinger titanium with transmitter for about $900.

Caje:
And they are gonna be hard to find for a while. Apparently there are som many orders for it and there is a 1 to 2 month back log. I called Aqualung just the other day and they should be up to regular deliveries by mid May early June (projected). To answer the question," How did you get yours so fast" before someone ask's, I ordered my D9 at the show in houston. Aqua lung had them on display. I saw it,tried it, liked it, and ordered it.
I just ordered mine and it was 1 week, however I get it brought from Germany. What price did they quote you?

Back
Top Bottom