Suunto Dive Manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine has suddenly gone from name my dive logs from [D]D/MM/YYYY to DD.MM.YYYY and I have nfi why. I also have a ***** of a time getting SDM to connect/talk to my Vytec DS (though i suspect it's the ****house Suunto cable).

Tony

Ahhh.. found out why.. for some reason (????) my preferences for my divelog names had disappeared!.... connecting the computer is still a PITA though.

A worthwhile improvement to the Suunto 2.x software, would be if the dive manager could show what was on the display of the computers other than a D9.

Where is it that people get this idea? Have you ever used a D9? You'd find that the image on there is nothing like the actual D9 computer -- it really is just a generic "computer" using the Suunto algorithms that were in use for that dive.

it would be handier (for me) if the rest of the world switched to my (perhaps worse) way of doing things.

Sorry... gotta say it. This is a typical American attitude, and exactly why Americans are now not only travelling with Canadian flags on their backpacks, but also buying passport covers to make it look like they're Canadian when they present their passports.

KrisB:
Sorry... gotta say it. This is a typical American attitude, and exactly why Americans are now not only travelling with Canadian flags on their backpacks, but also buying passport covers to make it look like they're Canadian when they present their passports.

LOL!!! Everyone wants to be Canadian.... eh?

How aboooot that eh?

Canadian covers eh?

Personally, I've never heard of this practice, you would think that could/would get someone in some major trouble overseas...

rottielover:
How aboooot that eh?

Canadian covers eh?

Personally, I've never heard of this practice, you would think that could/would get someone in some major trouble overseas...
You'd think... obviously as soon as the passport is opened, it's made apparent -- I think it's more for what your fellow travellers see than what the officials see.

I was surprised to hear of it, also... it didn't make much sense, but it was an American friend that told me of it!

KrisB:
Quote (Blade):
it would be handier (for me) if the rest of the world switched to my (perhaps worse) way of doing things.

You couldn't see the sarcasm in my post? ...and you're not going to concede that it would be handy (albeit boring) if everyone one did everything the same way? ...and if the whole world were going to do things one way, wouldn't you like it to be your way?

I didn't say the world should do things my way. I said it would be handy for me if they did. Implied in "perhaps worse", is that I didn't really expect the whole world to do things my way.

Hi!
I have logged several issues with Suunto regarding SDM 2.3.0. Here are the things I have found, with their answers:
- Printing logs are out of order. Suunto knows about it, and promise to fix it in the next version.
- Downloading dives can be done from the wizard (option 1), or by clicking on the dive computer on the left side of the screen (option 2). Using option 1 trashes the starting tissue loadings for the third dive in a series. Using option 2 screws up the air consumption graph (scale does not correspond). The starting tissue values of the 2nd dive is then also different from using option 1. Suunto knows about is, apologises, and promises to fix it in the next version.
- Repetitive dives can not be simulated. Suunto knows about this and will try to fix it in the next version. (Note that they will only try).

Some additional information:
- Their back-end database design really (really really really!!!) sucks big time.
- Their is no real difference between Altitude and personal settings (A1/P0 = A0/P1, A2/P0 = A1/P1 = A0/P2, etc). I would have thought the altitude adjusments would also be used to help calibrate the depth and no fly time, but no.
- With air integration, the actual air consumed is not stored minute by minute. Only the start and end values are stored and downloaded. The air consumption graph is calculated (guessed / simulated) by the software.
- With air integration, the actual air consumed is not used in the NDL / deco calculations at all.

- Their back-end database design really (really really really!!!) sucks big time.

Yup! I don't suppose you've managed to figure out the spec yet, eh? I was wanting to "tweak" some of my data, but couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what the heck their DB architect had done. It looks like they wanted something that could be used for all their sports computers (read: not just diving)... I don't know why.

- Their is no real difference between Altitude and personal settings (A1/P0 = A0/P1, A2/P0 = A1/P1 = A0/P2, etc). I would have thought the altitude adjusments would also be used to help calibrate the depth and no fly time, but no.

That is also how the computers work, not just SDM. And there is no reason for it to do otherwise -- the few minutes difference it might make just isn't worth the risk.

- With air integration, the actual air consumed is not stored minute by minute. Only the start and end values are stored and downloaded. The air consumption graph is calculated (guessed / simulated) by the software.

IIRC, that is true for VYTEC and COBRA computers -- but the D9 stores it (and temperature) with every datapoint.

- With air integration, the actual air consumed is not used in the NDL / deco calculations at all.

Nor should it -- NDL and deco calcs are not dependant on air available nor air consumed, at least not in the algorithm used by Suunto.

Hello,
Wondering if I can get some help and can't find any at the suunto site. I've upgraded from the 1.6 to the 2.x version and everything is in BAR not psi and don't see how I can change my settings to feet and psi.
Thanks

In the "LogBook" window, select the name of the log you want to set. Then in the "User" windows click 'settings'. In the middle of that window will be the settings frame, some will be in blue and the other option in black. Click the desired choice and it will turn Blue if selected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom