Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jk17:
I tried running the Suunto XML Downloader with my Gekko turned Vyper. I get a window that says downloading data but hangs at 2%. Any ideas?

John

Please redownload the program. I have a working version up now.

A bug had crept into the code somewhere. I've been updating to a more modern compiler and the conversion requires a restructuring of the code. Not sure Why the bug - Yet.

FYI - you don't need your gekko to be a vyper for that program to work, it downloads from a gekko just fine.

Oh, I forgot to mention, The XML Downloader is a direct replacment for the one supplied with the new 'SharkPoint' v2 divelogging software.

In the XML download there is a CNSCLOCK which has values such as 1, 3, 4, 5,6. What is this?

Also, are you doing any manipulation of the data values. I have the Gekko set for imperical values. Temperatures are coming out in celsius but depths are in feet.

Do you know if the Suunto Dive Manager is running some sort of model to get the PO2, tissue saturations and OLF% or are these stored? I see in the download a FO2.

Thanks.

jk17:
In the XML download there are two items I am not sure of. One is CNSCLOCK and the other is FO2. CNSCLOCK has values such as 1, 3, 4, 5,6. FO2 has 0, 9, 26 , 42.

Also, are you doing any manipulation of the data values. I have the Gekko set for imperical values. Temperatures are coming out in celsius but depths are in feet.

Do you know if the Suunto Dive Manager is running some sort of model to get the PO2 and tissue saturations or are these stored?

Thanks.

The DiveManager does indeed model the tissue compartments based on the data downloaded in the profile. There is (AFAIK) no way to get the tissue loadings out of the computer.
Likewise, I haven't found a way to set/retreive the Gas Mix values. They are stored in the DC but not available externaly. This May change, an 'unknown' command seems to have an effect on these. Only each Dive Profile contains the gasMix used at the start of dive, and in the case of vytec it uses a tag to mark the mixchange,

Setting the computer to metric or imperial seems to have NO effect on what the stored format of the data is. Depth is stored in 1/128s of a foot ( ft * 128) , temps in Celcius, pressure in 1/2 of a Bar ( p *2 ). The Downloader cleans those up to whole numbers ( ft, deg C, Bars) but makes no conversions.
The recomended conversions:

meter = (int)(feet * 0.3048 * 10) / 10
psi = bar * 14.50377377
fahrenheit = celcius * 1.8 + 32

FO2 is misnamed! It should be PPO2Alarm. Exactly what it's function was was unclear at the original release and for backwards compatibility reasons, I doubt I change it.
FO2: 0=1.2, 1=1.3, 2=1.4, 3=1.5, 4=1.6
It is the value set in the PPO2max Alarm for that dive. It has, as far as I can tell, No real use, as No PPO2 alarm is written to the profile. You could likely use it to calulate that violation however.

CNSCLOCK is valid only in Nitrox mode, in any other mode it should be 0.
It is also misnamed - it is normaly the "Oxygen Limit Fraction"
with Nitrox: 1/2 OLF % or the max value is 50 for a 100% limit.
However, if the value is greater than 128, then the value is OTUs - 128 instead of OLF!! I believe the Suunto manual gives corralations between the two.

Also not included in the downloader is support for the 'freedive' functions in some of the DCs.

Thanks for the info. I have FO2 of 9, 26 and 42. How can that be? You stated the value shoud be 0 - 4 which translates into the PO2, which makes sense.

jk17:
Thanks for the info. I have FO2 of 9, 26 and 42. How can that be? You stated the value shoud be 0 - 4 which translates into the PO2, which makes sense.

Well, I could have screwed up and reveresed a value or 2, you know "tihs sneppah" . This program was originaly written for 'Sharkpoint', and as they had trouble integrating it into their software, it recieved minimal testing. Also, AFAIK nobody who is useing this program uses that data to build their logs, this particular problem it has slipped past QC - no feed back about a problem.
But I'm begining to think the exact order is different in the Gekko! I noticed a 'reversal' of a couple values when writing the program. I only have one computer, a Vyper, to sample from. Sometimes I borrow a Gekko from my LDS, for short periods.

I'd suggest a download into Suunto's DM and see if it reports OLF of 9,26,42 ( or more like 18,52,84). Please let me know.

The OLF and PO2 change depending on where you click on the dive graph. The only reason I was trying to use this data is because I had written my own dive log in MS Access. That meant typing in all the info from the DC. If I could import it, it would make life easier. The SDM looks like it has an Access file called d9.mdb but it is password protected. The export from SDM doesn't give you any options as to the type of file to create.

I found some other notes on the Web but they are for the Vyper and Cobra. It mentions in the format of the dive at offset 0 - 00, with Nitrox: OLF % * 2 ($32 * 2 = 100 CNS), if bit 7 is set: OTU instead of CNS.

Oh well. Now I'm just throwing out random information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom