Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jk17:
The OLF and PO2 change depending on where you click on the dive graph. The only reason I was trying to use this data is because I had written my own dive log in MS Access. That meant typing in all the info from the DC. If I could import it, it would make life easier. The SDM looks like it has an Access file called d9.mdb but it is password protected. The export from SDM doesn't give you any options as to the type of file to create.

The OLF and PPO2 are being calculated from the depth time data. The OLF output in the profile is the Start of dive/ End of surface interval value.

The data you site is valid - $32 is hexadecimal ( base 16) notation for the number 50.
seach this forum for the password for the D9.mdb database - it's something like 'kiros'. Somebody else has cracked that.

See http://www.sarnau.info/papers:suunto_vyper for more info on memory layout. My work is based on this work done by Mark Fritze. He has recently updated his site,added new info, and cleaned up an error or 2.

That is the layout I saw. Now that I can get into the database I can just download into it and put my own front end on it.

I appreciate all of your help.

Suunto Communicator is not downloadable anymore :(

By the way, would someone mind sending me his working drivers for the USB-RS232 adapter? I'd like to try a different driver. I suspect that the driver isn't sending all the protocols or not controlling the power consumption properly.

mocca:
Suunto Communicator is not downloadable anymore :(

That program is being rewritten, I'm updating it from the primitive 'test' program it was to a more user freindly version. Unfortuanatly, it's on a back burner, I'm tring to get a 'D model' version of the downloader going. It'll be nessesary in the spring - I'm fairly certain the new vyper/cobra comps will use the newer memory model.

If you mean the SuuntoAPI.dll file, it's available in the other downloads. Both 'Gekko2vyper' and 'Eraser' install the latest version of the DLL. But it won't work with earlier versions of any of the programs as it has also been redesigned. In case you're wondering why - it was changed to use Unicode for extended programming language compatibility.

I do have a copy of the Old Dll - PM me.

CIBDiving: gratulate for Your program! Please tell me what's wrong with me, 'cause it is not working with my chick's GEKKO. I have a DIY interface, that is communicate on USB port (usually a Roli's interface and an USB serial interface built to one mobo). You can check it on my personal Suunto Vyper website:
http://vyper.bunny.hu/eng/roli_usb/index.html

The interface is working very well with my Vyper, and the SDM 1.6 that I use is detect the interface. Actually when I try to download the gekko, the SDM detect and tell me that is a wrong computer, so it is indetified the gekko. So I can tell You, the interface is working very well. But Your program is every time tell me, the interface is NOT detected, I select the correct COM port (actually the com4), and try to set the delay but nothing. I connect the gekko before push button, and set to PC SET mode. Your program version is: 2.0.0.6, Windows XP SP2

Thanks for the help!

bunny.hu:
CIBDiving: gratulate for Your program! .... I have a DIY interface, that is communicate on USB port (usually a Roli's interface and an USB serial interface built to one mobo). .... Thanks for the help!

I just finished a portion of the new version of the DLL. It should work better with thirdparty interfaces. Your's is not the first 'homemade' to have problems, USB/RS232 adapters should have more luck also.

At least I'd appreciate some testing, please.

Look for the new Gekko2vyper download on the Liquidimagephoto.com site.
The Eraser program has just been updated too.

Anyone with a D model want to do a little testing of the new downloader??? PM me if so. Thanks

CIBDiving:
I just finished a portion of the new version of the DLL. It should work better with thirdparty interfaces. Your's is not the first 'homemade' to have problems, USB/RS232 adapters should have more luck also.

At least I'd appreciate some testing, please.

I'll try it at this weekend and report You monday. Thanx for your job!

Anyway, You know, many link is not working on that page?
Suunto communicator, suunto API?

bunny.hu:
Anyway, You know, many link is not working on that page?
Suunto communicator, suunto API?

offtopic: Did You saw Your number of posts? 666 :coffin:

I didn't see the number, but it seems fitting :devil:

Yes, I know the files are missing, they will be back up after I'm done with an upgrade. The API is waiting on more D model support, And I'll likely hold off on it until i see the New models this spring. I have a guess that they will use the same memory model as the D9/6 do. Communicator was very 'chunky' to use and hard to fix a mistake with - I should never have let that lab rat escape!

CIBDiving, thanks for posting the updated download. Been having heck of time with downloading data since a Sept trip where I think the data got corrupted on my Vytec I keep geting an overflow error everytime I try to download. Just tried your udpated downloader and it comfirms that the data before Sept 4 on my Vytec has either been corrupted or zapped somehow. But at least your program allowed me to download from Sept 4 to the most recent data!

The problem now is I can't seem to find a way to reset the Vytec/ flush the memory to start from scratch and I loath thinking of sending off to Finland... Will the DCEraser work for the Vytec? What's the command line? if my Vytec is connected to say Serial port #7 then should I run cmd "dceraser.exe - port="COM7" " ?

many thanks!

edit: oops, took a closer look at the XML output. Can make sense of most of the data but can't seem to figure where the depth field is. is that the Diveprofile "Datum" field. Got some odd numbers there which I can't make sense of.

example:

edit 2: oops, I guess these are depth changes per interval in feet... makes sense... :11doh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom