suunto gekko vs aeris atmos 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mefabian:
So what I'm getting from this discussion is that besides the formula used, one being more conservative than the other, there is no real difference. Both are good computers and will do about the same fundtions. Am I correct? If so then it just depends on price and availability.

I'll make my decision for tomorrow when I plan to buy one.

Thanks,

Mark :)

let us know which of the two you bought!

I bought an Atmos 2 because the price was right AND it has a backlit screen. You have to shine a light on the Gekko.

garyfotodiver:
I bought an Atmos 2 because the price was right AND it has a backlit screen. You have to shine a light on the Gekko.

When I bought my Gekko, this just didn't seem like a concern. In cases where I would need a backlight, I'm already using my dive light. It's MUCH easier to shine my dive light at my computer than to hit the tiny button for a backlight. Also, once I've shined by dive light at the Gekko, it remains lit for 15 minutes (i.e. no more pushing of buttons). Seems a better solution IMO.

Bruce3:
let us know which of the two you bought!

Made my choice and bought the Atmos 2 from Scubatoys. However I could have gone for the same from another store for slightly less $.

Mark :popcorn:

Anxiusly waiting for the DC to arrive. :14:

Back
Top Bottom