Suunto-Mosquito...changing battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob S

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a two year old Mosquito that I am having a problem removing the battery compartment cover. When I turn the cover counter-clockwise, as shown on Suunto's website, it doesn't pop up for easy removal. Any advice on what I should do?
Secondly I purchased two battery/o-ring kits on ebay. Unfortunately they did not include new covers. Can anyone tell me where I could purchase 2-3 battery compartment covers for my Mosquito? Your responses are much apreciate!.
Bob S

I've used a small jeweler screwdriver to GENTLY pry the cover up. I've done three battery changes with the same cover and o-ring (just cleaned and lubed it) without any problems.

Just be careful getting it out and I wouldn't worry about replacing the cover.

JohnL offers excellent advice. I've done 2 battery changes. Both times I had the same issue as you. Both times I used a small eyeglass-type screwdriver to gently pry up the cover. The first time I did it, I nicked up the cover, so I replaced the cover along with the battery and new O-ring. There was also an oddly-shaped metal thingy that installed at the bottom of the battery compartment. The second time I replaced the battery, I was able to use my stubby fingernails to help pop up the battery compartment lid.

I think I paid $15 for the official kit (including new battery cover, O-ring, battery, and metal thingy). The official kits can be purchased through any LDS that carries Aqualung gear. A Google search will reveal several online vendors which sell the kit for less than $11. I don't think the battery compartment lid can be purchased separately.

Good luck with the battery change. Have fun diving...

Back
Top Bottom