suunto mosquito or stinger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own the Mosquito and love mine. Don't worry about scratching the glass, it comes with a clear plastic cover that slides over the bands and then secured to the face of the watch. I have scratched that a couple of times....but it's only a couple of bucks to replace. I don't think there's much difference as far as functions. For my money, I'd buy the Mosquito again. Really, I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Good luck!

Boat:
I own the Mosquito and love mine. Don't worry about scratching the glass, it comes with a clear plastic cover that slides over the bands and then secured to the face of the watch. I have scratched that a couple of times....but it's only a couple of bucks to replace. I don't think there's much difference as far as functions. For my money, I'd buy the Mosquito again. Really, I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Good luck!

I have a titanium stinger, I thought I would wear it as a watch but I do not because it is still too big on me. If I were to buy again I would get the mosguito and save the money that the stinger costs, but if you have a large wrist and want a great looking watch and computer to boot get the stinger.

Don't understand all the complaints about the Stinger being "too big". It's thicker than the Luminox I wear daily, but no bigger in diameter - and it's about the same size overall as the Casio G-shock I used to wear regularly.

The missus and me both have Mosquitos and are very happy with them.

The only drawback for me: readability on night dives.

I am interested in purchasing a Mosquito as well - good features and attractive, too. However, I've heard from a few people that they would never again purchase a Suunto product (they owned Mosquitos and other models) as the products failed within the first year and they were not happy with the customer service at the company.

Has anyone else had similar issues? I'm hoping that the tales I've heard are random incidents and not ongoing problems with Suunto products.

divekitty:
I am interested in purchasing a Mosquito as well - good features and attractive, too. However, I've heard from a few people that they would never again purchase a Suunto product (they owned Mosquitos and other models) as the products failed within the first year and they were not happy with the customer service at the company.

Has anyone else had similar issues? I'm hoping that the tales I've heard are random incidents and not ongoing problems with Suunto products.

I've been told that the original Mosquito had a problem with it...I know mine did...I was at 30 feet with the thing and it was showing me my surface interval. I sent it back, they sent me another one and all was fine.

I was told that the fist model of the Mosquito has a grey bezel and that was the model that had a problem....the ones with the all black bezel or the colors (yellow, blue, etc) are the newer ones that have the issue addressed.

Peace,
Cathie

AtlanticDiver:
Im looking at a mosquito and the stinger and need some advice. thanks

As already said by a lot of people the stinger looks differnt. If it's better is up to you. I have a Stinger myself and believe me you can scratch the glass. And before the Stinger I had a mosquito witch is a great computer to. Where I work lot's of people have a mossie and I've seen a few ones with problem's. Suunto solved everything very good and it had something to do with the battery backplate. The service is excelent sent your old scratched mossie with 500 dives away and get a complete new one back. If that isn't service I don't know it anymore.

By the way there is one other difference mossie goes to 100 meter/330 feet. Stinger 200 meter/660 feet :crafty:

I'm saving my pennies (and loonies of course) for one of these beauties over the winter. I was just looking at the Suunto website....check out that D9.....wow! It's available at the end of 2004....probably many more loonies than I will have by then. (loonies are slang for our Canadian dollar coins....they have a picture of a loon on them. I don't know how widely known that is :06:

I called and placed an order today for the D9. Should be here in 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully in time for my trip to Cozumel.

Back
Top Bottom