Votes: 28 57.1%
  • My Gekko has needed repair under warranty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Gekko has been Bullet Proof

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From my experience it's 100% reliable (100+ dives with Mosquito, 50+ with Vyper, both with no problems at all).

70 dives now with my Vyper, no complaints - just coming up to first battery replacement. The only thing I learned that I should have taken more care, especially on live-aboards was to rinse & dry the contacts immediately after each dive. The salt water kept it in surface mode for some time after the dive which wasted battery life. Many times after the dive I would just put it in a plastic Tupperware box and then wash it thoroughly back at the hotel/lodging. Then I started paying attention to the fact that even 2 - 3 hours after the dive it was still turned on due to wet contacts.
Now I'm more careful.

I have used my mosquito for 60 dives now and have not encountered a single problem...

My Vyper something like 70 dives (i think), still showing full battery, not had an issue with it.

FWIW others in the club have suuntos, 4 have vypers with over 200 dives, no issues. We also have 1 vytec owner whos never had a problem.

Dont know any gecko owners.

Dived with my spyder since 99, went thru 3 battery changes, other than minor corrosion problems under the gold bezel, no problems.

Just upgraded to a Vytec a few months ago, no problems so far.

String:
My Vyper something like 70 dives (i think), still showing full battery, not had an issue with it.

My Vyper went from full battery to low battery warning in the space of only 2 dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom