Suunto's new D9 - Air/Nitrox, USB cable, digi Compass, Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
HOLY #(&%(&$!(&^@$^@!(%*!%^@^@($*^@&$&#%!!!!!!!

that's not a pretty price tag...

it might be cheaper elsewhere - diving equipment generally are very expensive in Bangkok.

I have only heard of one item (other than price) that concerns me about this computer. A LDS (Pacific Wilderness) dude, said that digital compasses suck because they react too slow, compared to a real compass. Anybody want to comment on that?

(PS- I am never going to buy anything out of that stinking store again, the guy that I talked to was a jackalope- mister attitude- I am so *****in' and you are a sand flea, type of guy.)

Current pricing RRP of course.

1000 Euro for the watch. 1500 Euro for the wireless air too.

So that makes it around £1000 for the complete system. Although I've heard some rumours of it being 200-300 less than this.

If anyone is interested the Oceanic Atom is similar and retails for around £600.

JDog:
I have only heard of one item (other than price) that concerns me about this computer. A LDS (Pacific Wilderness) dude, said that digital compasses suck because they react too slow, compared to a real compass. Anybody want to comment on that?
(PS- I am never going to buy anything out of that stinking store again, the guy that I talked to was a jackalope- mister attitude- I am so *****in' and you are a sand flea, type of guy.).

Yeah, I know I've had either great or bad out of the San Pedro Pac Wliderness store, so I wouldn't buy a computer like this from them. If there were upgrades, returns, or any difficulty, I just don't know what kind of service to expect.

For example, 2 weeks ago I took my Nitrox tank in for it's annual VIP and the guy said it would be done in half an hour. I came back and he said that because I didn't have it Oxygen cleaned this time that it was VIP'ed for only up to 40% O2. I commented that I never go above EAN36 anyways so that seemed fine.
After a few more questions I found out that I can never have it filled with Nitrox there because the fill by blending.
Thanks for telling me afterwards...

Do Nitrox tanks need to be O2 cleaned every year?
I'll post this in the tank section also...

I just telephoned and the battery in the wrist portion is NOT user changeable.

I am waiting to hear if the transmitter battery is user changeable and if the transmitter battery level is indicated on the wrist unit at any time (perhaps @ startup?)

This was the store in Orange.
RSdiver:
Yeah, I know I've had either great or bad out of the San Pedro Pac Wliderness store, so I wouldn't buy a computer like this from them. If there were upgrades, returns, or any difficulty, I just don't know what kind of service to expect.

For example, 2 weeks ago I took my Nitrox tank in for it's annual VIP and the guy said it would be done in half an hour. I came back and he said that because I didn't have it Oxygen cleaned this time that it was VIP'ed for only up to 40% O2. I commented that I never go above EAN36 anyways so that seemed fine.
After a few more questions I found out that I can never have it filled with Nitrox there because the fill by blending.
Thanks for telling me afterwards...

Do Nitrox tanks need to be O2 cleaned every year?
I'll post this in the tank section also...

sumguy:
Does anyone know if the compass display can be turned off to provide other dive data?

Yes, the compass is not displayed unless you select it. You can toggle back and forth to the compass from either Time mode (normal watch function) or Dive mode.

The D9 looks like a great computer. Street price should drop significantly once more of these computers are in circulation.

The only thing I don't like, besides the high cost, is that you can only read cylinder pressure on your primary air source. If you are diving with a deco gas the computer does not display the pressure of your secondary gas.

I dive with a pressure transmitter now, I like the fact that there is no HP hose and my rig is more stramlined. I also have a combination octo-BC inflator. My rig is down to two LP hoses, a transmitter, and a small HP Gage.

One thing I noticed is that a small pressure gage (Pin Gage) on the first stage makes gear set up and checking tank pressures much easier than synching the computer with the transmitter every time you want check a cylinder.

OH MOMMY I WANT ONE.....
i have been drooling over this thing, the only thing the high res images did is make me want it more.....
Hmmm I wonder if i could Sell body parts...... a kidney might get me enough for one... what do ya think :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom