Swivel for ScubaPro MK11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wlecyt40

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a swivel for my ScubaPro MK11 first stage. I'm wanting to make it easier when I am using my reg and not have it pulling on my jaw. Is there anyone out there that can suggest a good swivel that is compatible with my first stage? Thank you!!

I am looking for a swivel for my ScubaPro MK11 first stage. I'm wanting to make it easier when I am using my reg and not have it pulling on my jaw. Is there anyone out there that can suggest a good swivel that is compatible with my first stage? Thank you!!
There is no swivel for the first stage, you can try an Omni swivel at the hose to second stage point, I use them.

Another thing to consider is hose length and material. Those play a role in the issue of push/pull on the second stage.

I assume with your question, you are not configured with primary donate as that would have a second stage swivel/elbow mitigating the issue.

First stage swivels are going to just skew the hose at an odd angle if you are configured in the traditional set-up.

Good luck!

Sorry. Not properly caffeinated this morning. I meant the second stage.

My set up is traditional as I dive for recreation. I would like to make the diving more enjoyable by avoiding jaw fatigue.

Sorry. Not properly caffeinated this morning. I meant the second stage.

My set up is traditional as I dive for recreation. I would like to make the diving more enjoyable by avoiding jaw fatigue.

You are going to have to do a little work and measure the hose you have. In many cases going to a shorter hose, I would suggest a braided hose in 24 inches length, will help (without a swivel). Many sets come with a rubber hose of about 28 inches and that is too long for (my) comfort) and the rubber hoses are negatively buoyant so constantly prying downward.

You might consider one of these (but going to a shorter braided hose may not need it):

You might also consider going to what has become referred to as "streamlined primary donate" and use a 36 to 40 inches hose run under your arm with the above fitting and then bungee necklace your secondary on a hose of 22 to 24 inches.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom