Tactical to Practical--Zeagle does it again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-man

Reaction score
The new Zeagle Rapid Diver met with overwhelming response at it's debut in Las Vegas at the 2005 DEMA show. Hope you got a chance to see it...otherwise you can check it out on www.rapidiver.com

The super light weight system is an industry first and is now creating somewhat of a paradigm shift. The boating industry has displayed keen interest in the Rapid Diver for over the side hull checks and removing that unwanted crab trap line from the prop. With the dive industry stagnate there seems to be an opportunity to create more divers through the use of this type of equipment. Question is, will this technology converge the boating industry with the diving industry? Will this mean more boaters will become certified divers?

Does it come with the gun or sunglasses?

Yeah, Great! Just what the world needs - another Mares HUB.

It looks like a neat product for the quick stop resort dive crowd but it seems too limiting for more serious divers. Nevertheless, I look forward to a full review in Scuba Diving, where a detailed review can address the performance, reliability and maintenance issues.

Just what we need. Another way to get more people in the water QUICKLY.
Never mind training them just give them a Zeagle outfit and away they will go. With all the negative press about the Spare Air and how it is pretty much useless with the amount of air you have I can't believe a company like Zeagle would come up with something like this. 20CF of air
PS Hope Cozumel and it's people survive Wilma The Terrible

It's easy to discount what you haven't tried. I have to ask: Have ANY of you malcontents even put it on? Do you think that tearing down a product that you haven't even tried makes you sound more "macho"?

This was designed with the policeman in mind: where they could have a scuba unit tucked away and READY in the trunk of their car. Now instead of having to call for divers to recover a body, a competently trained officer has the ability to try and save a life while the safety divers are on their way.

I have dove this very unit and have seen others dive it. It won't give you a bunch of bottom time, but you don't always need that. As with ALL Zeagle products, this one is of the highest craftsmanship.

NetDoc:
It's easy to discount what you haven't tried. I have to ask: Have ANY of you malcontents even put it on? Do you think that tearing down a product that you haven't even tried makes you sound more "macho"?

This was designed with the policeman in mind: where they could have a scuba unit tucked away and READY in the trunk of their car. Now instead of having to call for divers to recover a body, a competently trained officer has the ability to try and save a life while the safety divers are on their way.

I have dove this very unit and have seen others dive it. It won't give you a bunch of bottom time, but you don't always need that. As with ALL Zeagle products, this one is of the highest craftsmanship.
Bingo!

This unit was not designed for sport diving but as a rescue tool. I'm sure some will do rec. diving with them but that's not what they are for.

Unfortunately it will not work for us. But then again we are already set up to deploy as fast as that unit would allow. The unit will be an excellent tool in a lot of areas.

Gary D.

I like the marketing picture of one at the base of a beach lifeguard stand. If these things were around when BayWatch was still being produced, it might have extended the series run.:D

David Hasselhoff, beach rescue diver!:diver:

For you divers who live in the Florida or plan to travel to Florida this winter, there are some Rapid Divers over at Weeki Wachee Springs that you can try...small fee of course. Just contact Brandon at Down Under Scuba or go to www.diveweeki.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom