Tactical to Practical--Zeagle does it again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua Man...... I dont question your dive experience or expertise however I am suspect when I read your profile. Equipment Manufactuer/Salesman to be concise. I sell my charter service on here so Im not going to discredit your reccomendation solely based on your career but you opened pandoras box of skeptics with the hard sell!!! Any profit in this product for you?????? I do see a rapid response use for a trained professional and I dive Zeagle products myself.

The sunglasses are "NATIVE Polarized" and the guns are Police issue MP 5s. All available at Wal-Mart-LOL

For those of you in South Florida that have heard of Zeagle's Rapid-Diver and would like an opportunity to see and try it in the water, our Zeagle reps will be bringing several down - along with their BCDs and regulators - to our 1st Annual Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest and Beach BBQ at Tigertail Lake in Dania Beach on October 30.

If you would like to try the equipment and have some Halloween Fun at the same time check out www.worldwatersports.com/calendar and click on the Pumpkin Carving contest on 10/30. You can register on line and join us.

Also, Ocean Reef will have their full-face masks and communications units available for us to use and there should also be opportunities to try out SeaLife's new DC500 digital cameras.

If you would like more details, just PM me. There is also a thread about this event that ReneeC started over on Conch Divers.

NetDoc:
This was designed with the policeman in mind: where they could have a scuba unit tucked away and READY in the trunk of their car. Now instead of having to call for divers to recover a body, a competently trained officer has the ability to try and save a life while the safety divers are on their way.

Now I love the Idea for getting people in the water faster but... at the same time you scare me with this one doc, no public safety officer trained or not should be jumping in to save a life without a backup diver, and in most cases a backup and a 90% diver. Certian situtuations may call for a solo but as for our dive team, unless you can see them on the surface its a no go untill you have backup.

Of course if a dept. was to get some of these I would assume they would get more than one and have more than one responder to an incedent, and no solo rescue atempts. In rescue ops the most important thing is the rescuers safety, not the victim.

Gregoire:
Certian situtuations may call for a solo
Yes, they just might!

You can't throw gear at a training issue and hope to solve it. That's why I used the words "competently trained" in my post! :D

Ya probably ought to give up Pete. Seems we had this same discussion in another thread and to so many here if it ain't a BP&W it ain't worth having.
The cost of this unit and the easy of deployment should make it a great investment for police and fire departments that don't have a full blown dive team...like probably 90% of the departments around the country. I think it is a great idea and hope our local firedepartment gets a couple for each truck. I am slowly getting our firemen trained as OW divers....but it is a start.

Joe

NetDoc:
This was designed with the policeman in mind: where they could have a scuba unit tucked away and READY in the trunk of their car. Now instead of having to call for divers to recover a body, a competently trained officer has the ability to try and save a life while the safety divers are on their way. .

That's got to be a joke.

Not if you are the one trapped and drowning.

I also see this as a great tool for going down and freeing an anchor, or for having several aboard for shallow water exploring by a group. Too many times, people put blinders on and dismiss any type of diving that THEY don't do as a "joke". No one's loss but your own!

I think its a great peice of rescue gear. PFD with a tank basicly, not made or intended for "diving" as we know it. made for an in and out kind of thing, and in warmer waters the rescuer might not even have to use weights or exposure protection, on goes bc,flippers, mask. Saving time in water accidents = saving lives provided we have a "competently trained" rescuer right doc? :D

Back
Top Bottom