Tactical to Practical--Zeagle does it again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The market is a wonderful mechanism. If a new product meets a need & does so in a cost effective, safe manner, it will be rewarded with success. Units will be bought, customers will be happy, and if the business planned it right, somebody will make money in the process.

If it turns out to not meet the needs, be unsafe, or in other ways crappy, then it will have a short life & be relegated to the dustbin of history. the HUB, for example.

Thinking & acting outside the box is plenty risky, but if you pull it off with the right idea & delivery, it can also carry great rewards. It'll be interesting to look back at this in a year or 2 & see which path this new gizmo is on.

Aqua-man:
looking for feedback that I can use to get support (or not) for a dive certification that is geared more towards the boating community and is limited to shallow water diving.

Chris

PADI Open Water ?

Stephen Ash:
From looking at the website promotional materials on this product, I'll say that I just don't like it! There is no reason for me to think that by trying one out I would change my mind. I don't see it as a good option for recreational divers and all I can do is scratch my head over why PSD or military units would prefer this over currently available remedies.

DISCLOSURE: I am related to the designer of the RAPID DIVER, I’ve been testing the RAPID DIVER prototypes for a couple of years, my username is “RAPIDIVER”, the picture is me wearing a RAPID DIVER, so, you might say I’m pretty close to the product. Kidding aside, the fact is this product is brand new and there aren’t many non affiliated divers using the system yet. I’ve have hundreds of dives(and hundreds of Lobsters) with the unit and I would like to offer my totally biased (yet honest) opinion regarding the system:

• Bottom Line: IT’S EASY- and because IT’S EASY I go diving ten times more than I normally would. My average dive profile is: hop rock to rock across a jetty(in full gear) to my secret lobster spot-where others can only get to by boat-jump in the water, grab a bunch of bugs and crabs, hoof it back to the jeep, throw the unit in the back and home. SIMPLE. FUN. and all before the wife and kids wake up. The military(my old job) guys and PSDs like it for the same reason-lightweight, mobil-but with a different mission. Is it starting to make sense?

Back
Top Bottom