Tactical to Practical--Zeagle does it again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The original post was for the product and one example of application, boaters with a need to access below the surface. It made no mention of training but since most of us in this forum are trained for at minimum OW (I hope) then this argument is a mute point. Obviously if this were posted in some vacations/cruise thread we should discuss training issues beyond the question "What is required in training to operate this product?". I think the jist of the post was "Hey heres something new available to you people, could you/would you use it and do you think it can help the industry by providing more encentive to participate in diving?"

I am new to diving however, if there is anything that could possibly shave some seconds off of a rescue/recovery then I am all for it. I would never suggest that any emergency response team/member operate without proper safety and training.

I can see why the boating industry would be interested in a product such as this. Small fishing operations could actually save operating capital by having the advantage of time on their side with this product. Rather than holding up operations while two divers get in full suit, the pair can quickly get in and atleast make an assesment of a situation and evaluate it quickly. If the problem was small then it could easily be addressed given the amount of air (20 cu) available with this rig and the shallow keel depth you would expect from a smaller boating operation.

Don Janni:
Fred:

So you're saying native Floridians don't mind an empty sea on ascent? Why would that be?

Don

Many locals know the direction to swim to eventually get to the beach. Having an "Empty Ocean" exit plan is important anywhere, but with the tricky Gulf and Gulf Stream eddy currents the way home is not always a straight line.

Locals also dive enough in the area to realize the boat WILL try to find you, and call for help quickly if they miss you on the first pass. They are not happy to see 360 degrees of horizon, but they don't panic as fast as the quarry commandos at the sight of all that ocean.

FT

NetDoc:
Mike,

I fully apologise. I read your entire post wrongly. It sounded more of a criticism than it was asking for clarification. Please forgive me.

No problem Pete.

The Zeagle boys have got to be loving this, no such thing as bad publicity right? sittin pretty at a 2110 veiws right now :D

From looking at the website promotional materials on this product, I'll say that I just don't like it! There is no reason for me to think that by trying one out I would change my mind. I don't see it as a good option for recreational divers and all I can do is scratch my head over why PSD or military units would prefer this over currently available remedies.

NetDoc:
Dude, they ARE howling. They don't have to like it, but I hate to see a product and company thrashed because of baseless assumptions. That goes for Mares as well as Zeagle!
Zeagle is a paying advertiser and the initial post in this thread was obviously a commercial post disguised as a "Hey, look at this cool new product" post. The original poster has stated that he has a commercial interest in the product as inventor/developer.

So Pete, can I infer from your holwling defense of this product, that if I designed and marketed product X and some people thought it was a bad idea or possibly dangerous, (not implying that the Rapid Diver is either if those) that you would come as vehemently to my defense as you have here if I advertised on Scubaboard?

I understand you hating a company being thrashed baselesly, but try correcting those baseless assumtions without getting your hackles up. It just sounds like you're thrashing people because they are, in your opinion, 'thrashing' an advertiser on Scubaboard.

Robb

Zeagle is a paying advertiser
I wish they were, but they are not precisely because of people like you, who make accusations like this. This thread was by one of the people involved with the design of this unit, and I invited them to post. I have recieved NOTHING to like the Rapid Diver, just as I have recieved NOTHING to like Deep Sea Supply's Equipment.

I think it's wrong to trash ANY manufacturer without trying their product. Whether it is Spare Air, or a HUB, or Zeagle or a Scuba Pro we should listen more to the people who have TRIED the product than to those who only "cyber dive" it to death. We tend to present our opinions as facts even when they are baseless. I also think it's wrong to trash another diver without diving with them. So shoot me!

I've recently dived this unit and I was surprised in how effortless it makes diving. With the tank on the front it moves your center of gravity into a better position. You don’t have the tendency to roll when you stop moving through the water. You also stay horizontal and vertical with little if any effort. You can also double you bottom time if you through a second tank on to the back plate of the system. You’re now to a total of 40 cu and there are some now tank that are coming out like the now steel 30, which can be put on to the front of the system.

NetDoc:
I wish they were, but they are not precisely because of people like you, who make accusations like this.

Well if they are not, they should be paying you after a thread like this.
(Nice edit to your original response. People like me?)

This thread was by one of the people involved with the design of this unit, and I invited them to post.
Well maybe the original poster should have stated this in his post.
From the TOS:
Commercial advertising is only allowed on a per incidence basis and pop-ups are expressly forbidden. www.Scubaboard.com maintains commercial relationships with numerous companies which are unrelated to the membership of this board. Advertisers are entitled to no extra privileges nor may they break or disobey these rules in any way. Advertising does not imply endorsement of a product, service or user. Please contact the site administrator for further details. While a commercial interest may respond to a request for information, they are expressly forbidden from starting posts about their goods or services. A user may only include their company's URL within their signature line. Signature lines must be limited to FOUR LINES with no images other than board approved smiles. We reserve the right to edit or delete any signature we do not feel is appropriate for our board.

But your defense of THIS particular product in the manner which you are defending it, does seem to imply an endorsement.

I have recieved NOTHING to like the Rapid Diver, just as I have recieved NOTHING to like Deep Sea Supply's Equipment.

I have not seen Tobin post any thinly veiled commercial posts, nor has he had any sock puppets do it for him.

I think it's wrong to trash ANY manufacturer without trying their product. Whether it is Spare Air, or a HUB, or Zeagle or a Scuba Pro we should listen more to the people who have TRIED the product than to those who only "cyber dive" it to death.

I did not see anyone trashing Zeagle in this thread.
I don't need to try a product like Spare Air, a HUB or this to know that I would not use it, and please do not try to assume to know why I would not want to.

We tend to present our opinions as facts even when they are baseless.
Yes you do.
I give most people enough credit to be able to tell the difference between the two.
Perhaps instead of getting your hackles up about something you seem to have some sort of interest in and going on the defensive, you could try explaining why you feel the "opinions as facts" are baseless.

I also think it's wrong to trash another diver without diving with them. So shoot me!
Okay?:06: You lost me at hello on that one.

Back
Top Bottom