Tactical to Practical--Zeagle does it again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hahaha...

To be quite honest with you, this thread could be completely deleted and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

I can assure you that ZEAGLE SYSTEMS, INC did not in any way, shape or form use a "sock puppet" for this thread!!!

I make a honest attempt not to recommend Zeagle gear unless I am specifically asked about it, or unless the thread title mentions Zeagle in it. I have numerous people who PM me asking me to take a look at a certain thread and offer opinions, but other than that, I really don't have the time to read each individual thread and see if there is a chance for me to "pimp our gear". I just don't operate that way.

As far as ScubaBoard and Zeagle is concerned, I am happy that the dive community has a place where they can ask questions and get answers from active divers, manufacturers, and even "armchair quarterbacks". When I first started coming to ScubaBoard, I was pretty much the sole manufacturer here that offered BCs and regs. Tobin and FredT were here before me on the BP side, I believe, and if I missed anyone else, I apologize. However, now days, you seen many of the manufacturers on ScubaBoard. That is a GOOD thing, but not always easy on the manufacturer - trust me on that one...

Zeagle sponsored one ScubaBoard contest, but when Pete and Ted approached me about being an advertiser I declined the offer. My reasoning was simple: I did not want any reviews of our product, or threads about our product, to be skewered due to the fact that we were "ScubaBoard Advertisers". I realize that not everyone will love our gear the way that we do, and I am fine with that. I have often said, "I would rather someone be happy and actively diving in someone elses gear, than to be unhappy and not diving in ours." This sport NEEDS active divers....simple as that.

I appreciate all the feedback that I have recieved from ScubaBoard members. I hope that I have been able to help you make decisions when you asked for my thoughts, and I hope that I have made your lives a little easier by sending you a screw fastener instead of making you chase one down from a dive shop. You folks, in turn, have made me look at a lot of things differently, offered numerous good ideas, and a few of you have become good friends of mine in the process.

Man, this feels like a book, so I will stop now...

Like I said before, if this thread poofs, it will not bother me in the least.

Scott

Robert Phillips:
Zeagle is a paying advertiser and the initial post in this thread was obviously a commercial post disguised as a "Hey, look at this cool new product" post. The original poster has stated that he has a commercial interest in the product as inventor/developer.

So Pete, can I infer from your holwling defense of this product, that if I designed and marketed product X and some people thought it was a bad idea or possibly dangerous, (not implying that the Rapid Diver is either if those) that you would come as vehemently to my defense as you have here if I advertised on Scubaboard?
Well now that NetDoc and Scott have established that Zeagle is in fact not an advertiser at all, don't you think they deserve an apology for this... attack? There's a lot of accusations in that paragraph that we have established to be totally baseless.. you basically made them up. Just like you made up the "sock puppet" comment.

Robert Phillips:
I understand you hating a company being thrashed baselesly, but try correcting those baseless assumtions without getting your hackles up. It just sounds like you're thrashing people because they are, in your opinion, 'thrashing' an advertiser on Scubaboard.

Robb
I added the emphasis to "baseless assumptions." IMO it's best not to make up very damaging accusations of dishonesty on the parts of Scubaboard members. It looks to me like you are the only one here being dishonest with "those baseless assumptions."

pants!:
Well now that NetDoc and Scott have established that Zeagle is in fact not an advertiser at all, don't you think they deserve an apology for this... attack? There's a lot of accusations in that paragraph that we have established to be totally baseless.. you basically made them up. Just like you made up the "sock puppet" comment.
I never attacked Scott or Zeagle products, nor did I accuse him of using a sock puppet. Now who's making things up? I stand corrected and I appologise to both Pete and Scott for assuming incorrectly that Zeagle is an advertiser on Scubaboard (I tried to do that in my last post but Internet Explorer froze up on me and then I saw Pete's edited post with the comment 'people like you.' It kind of changed the direction of my thought.)
Again, Sorry Pete for that assumption.
Scott, if you thought I was accusing you of using a sock puppet, I appologize.

I added the emphasis to "baseless assumptions." IMO it's best not to make up very damaging accusations of dishonesty on the parts of Scubaboard members. It looks to me like you are the only one here being dishonest with "those baseless assumptions."

How did I damage anyone? I never called anyone dishonest. I was wondering why Pete was so vehemently defending a post where the original poster was, shall we say, less than forthcoming about his interest in the product he was posting about. You may want to go back and read my post where I copied a paragraph from the TOS. Aqua-Man, in a later post, stated his interest in the product so we do have that. But it does not change the fact that it was not stated in the beginning, nor the TOS violations. But Pete does own the board, so he can do as he sees fit.

Looks like there's quite a few people here making baseless assumtions. Pot, meet kettle.
Have a nice day.

Robert,

if the original poster was "less than forthcoming" it was due to this being his first post on an internet community. I sure have made more than my share of mistakes learning how to post on the internet. Again, the post was at my request as I think he has something that really fills a nice niche.

NetDoc:
Robert,

if the original poster was "less than forthcoming" it was due to this being his first post on an internet community. I sure have made more than my share of mistakes learning how to post on the internet. Again, the post was at my request as I think he has something that really fills a nice niche.

Pete,
I have no argument at all with the value of this product, indeed I think you are correct in your thoughts.
I have made my fair share of mistakes and can understand. But do you think you should have corrected this oversight a little earlier on in the thread? It is obviously not your first time posting here and I know that you, of all people, know the TOS.:D

Perhaps you should add another paragraph that states that commercial entities invited to post by the forum owner shall not receive any negative posts or be met with castigation from above mentioned forum owner.:D Note the smiley! :05:

Take care,
Robb

I have no problem with negatives... I just couldn't understand people posting as if they had actually tried it: IE, giving a gear review without ever touching the gear! As you can see, there has been no removing of anyone's posts, and I guess you don't think that I am allowed to disagree with anyone or point out that the flaws in their logic?

So now that we have determined that I do not have a vested financial interest in their success, do we have any other conspiracy theories? :D (I use smilies too!)

Aqua-man:
The new Zeagle Rapid Diver met with overwhelming response at it's debut in Las Vegas at the 2005 DEMA show. Hope you got a chance to see it...otherwise you can check it out on www.rapidiver.com

The super light weight system is an industry first and is now creating somewhat of a paradigm shift. The boating industry has displayed keen interest in the Rapid Diver for over the side hull checks and removing that unwanted crab trap line from the prop. With the dive industry stagnate there seems to be an opportunity to create more divers through the use of this type of equipment. Question is, will this technology converge the boating industry with the diving industry? Will this mean more boaters will become certified divers?

If you didn't guess that Aquaman was at DEMA and a bit excited about the debut of the Rapid Diver... well I don't know what you were reading.

Chris is one of those effervescent types that can't help but come on a little strong, but I don't think he hid much if anything. And he's obviously from a different background than most of us moss back industry old timers. (Or he'd know what a HUB was.)

I could never have thought of something like the Rapid Diver, because despite selling diving gear for decades, including some aimed at the entry level diver and PSD markets, I would have always made it for a larger tank, on the back and with more gauges, etc.

Is it for the average diver? No it's not. It's outside the realm of conventional thinking.

Could it work for an experienced kayak diver, or a 5 year old, or grandmother nubie? Yes it could.

Chad

(If I could figure out how to get "regular member" off my screen name, I'd permanently disclose that: I SELL DIVE GEAR FOR A LIVING, for ZEAGLE and a few other companies!)

Pete,

Sorry I missed you guys at DEMA, but we were a lot busier than expected, and I never got by your booth. If the FL Dive Show is still on in West Palm, we are right across the isle from you guys.

I apologize for any confusion on the intent of this posting...sincerely looking for feedback that I can use to get support (or not) for a dive certification that is geared more towards the boating community and is limited to shallow water diving.

Understand your frustration....please accept my apologies. I didn't intend to create a situation in this great Forum--won't happen again.

I appreciate the diverse opinions and impressed with all of the postings.

Chris

Chad:
we are right across the isle from you guys.
Yeah, they won't let me move! :D I look forward to seeing you there!

Web Monkey:
And how many police and firefighters will this thing kill? It's not that it's inherently more dangerous than normal SCUBA gear, it's that it uses a tiny tank and is aimed at people with little or no training.

If you want to train and certify police and firefighters, keep them im practice and let them keep a weight-integrated BC with a full-sized tank and reg already mounted in their trunk, I think it's a great idea as long as they have training and equipment that's up to the task and don't go in alone.

Terry

I think it would be safe to say that in today's society that few, if any, LE or Fire service agencies would just go out and buy these without training their workers. LE and Fire service work is inherently dangerous by its nature. I am a Dive Team supervisor and these things would work great, but we have speed drills where we get fully suited up and in the water with standard SCUBA, all the while critiqueing each other's response and safety. Our team's primary function is recovery, but rescue is, of course, not beyond out training and ability. There is nothing that takes the place of suiting up slowly enough to be sure you've done it right and with safety in mind. But, always be a responsible consumer. Check these forums and check out the equipment yourself and put it through realistic situations to see if a piece of equipment will do what YOU think you're going to do with it. I look forward to checking it out for myself. That's the fun of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom