Take your own O2 Analyzer While Traveling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StPeteDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greeting and Happy Tuesday 4/16/24 to all. Quick question for the seasoned dive travelers out there. Do you take your own O2 analyzer when you travel? I'm asking for a trip plan I'm putting together for a liveaboard in Raja Ampat. I've heard that onboard Nitrox fills can be inconsistence on some liveaboards. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
-Troy

Yep. If one's provided, I might choose to leave it packed, or verify consistency with the provided one maybe ...

I wish I had done so a couple of years back in Egypt where I was offered Nitrox but no analyser to check the contents both at a dive op in Dahab and on a day boat going to dive the Thistlegorm.

Also made me wonder if I was diving air or not too.

I'm heading to Indonesia in two weeks but leaving my analyser behind as I know the places I am diving will have working units, unless they tell me otherwise.

i think if i felt i had to bring one because i dont trust the one supplied by the dive op, i would look for another dive op.
if the dive op did not supply one, i would look for another dive op.
i like the idea suggested above.....maybe bring a CO analyzer instead, since the dive op most likely wont have one.

i think if i felt i had to bring one because i dont trust the one supplied by the dive op, i would look for another dive op.
if the dive op did not supply one, i would look for another dive op.
On a liveaboard you don't have a choice

On a liveaboard you don't have a choice
dont have a choice for what? are you saying you are required to bring your own analyzer on any liveaboard? if that is the case, then why is the op asking the question? thx.

Back
Top Bottom