Take your own O2 Analyzer While Traveling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't have a choice to change once you're on the boat
i guess i should have chosen my words better. but my feeling would be the same. if you cant trust the company/crew/liveaboard etc to provide a proper analyzer, why would you dive with that outfit?

i suppose the reality is that some will bring their own, some will use the one onboard. so i am sure there will be more than one avail and the divers would quickly realize if there were varying results from the different analyzers and whether they can trust the operators results.

I bring my own. I question the validity of verifying tank contents with the same analyzer the Dive Op conducted the initial test.

I bring my own. I question the validity of verifying tank contents with the same analyzer the Dive Op conducted the initial test.
They are different on many liveaboard etc. For example, there's often an analyser in line with the fill whip that the crew are monitoring for the fill, and separate standalone analysers (multiples usually) for the divers to analyse their own tanks once filled, prior to completing the log.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom