Talk Radio... underwater...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know about a receiver with the depth and all but you could purchase a MP3 player and download podcasts to it and listen to them. I think this is possible and you could water proof the devise, I don't know if the ear buds can get wet??

Jeez, next thing you know someone will be wanting to know how to use their cell phone underwater.

Disconnect from the surface and enjoy the dive.

How sad ....:shakehead:

I just plumb wouldn't dive with someone trying to get their Rush Limbaugh fix while diving. It's a distraction that you really wouldn't need, plus it goes against the grain of the sport anyways. I enjoy the bubbles and silence, the sound of all the water critters doing their thing. It's like a more intimate connection with the natural world.

If I want music with my nature, I'll go take my Jeep 4-wheeling. My 4 speakers plus the 10" subwoofer offer plenty of music for when it's getting insane.

Peace,
Greg

I just plumb wouldn't dive with someone trying to get their Rush Limbaugh fix while diving. It's a distraction that you really wouldn't need, plus it goes against the grain of the sport anyways. I enjoy the bubbles and silence, the sound of all the water critters doing their thing. It's like a more intimate connection with the natural world.

If I want music with my nature, I'll go take my Jeep 4-wheeling. My 4 speakers plus the 10" subwoofer offer plenty of music for when it's getting insane.

Peace,
Greg

I'm solo for the majority of my diving and therefore not a distraction to anyone but me...

And as far as "what I really need" ... well thats Really for Me to decide... Right ?

Dive your way and be happy. Dont denigrate someone elses diving preferences (unless we're talking about a safety issue).

1. Won't Electrocution be a hazard?
2. The dry bag with the radio (or TV) will affect buoyancy.

1. No

2. Minimal (well for the radio anyway heh)

Well, if you got a pretty powerful radio I'd just wear the earphones on one side
of my head, thank you very much :D

You start with a big plastic bag. You throw the radio (or other noise maker) in it and pull the whole thing over your head. Apply duct tape liberally till no water or air can get in or out.

An imperfect method, I'm sure, but it largely depends upon whose perspective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom