Tank Painting Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the general consensus here on SB is do not do it. you can not use any heat process and the paint will not stick for very long and will look worse than before you started.

Thats been my experience whenI bought used some that had been painted

I was going to ask would it be better just to leave it bare and i will just leave it bare then thanks!!

Yup I would not paint one

I decide just to buy the tank and put some cool stickers on it :D:dork2:

Good plan

Thats been my experience whenI bought used some that had been painted

Yup I would not paint one

Good plan

I Know i now have a new addiction... putting stickers on my tank of where i have been diving... xD:cool2:

ScubaBrett22. Stop before you get to the Hello Kitty and Ariel mermaid stickers....
Drop by Fill Express and check out what one dive "bud" did to the other's tank when he volunteered to paint it for him. It's on display. Wish I had a photo, I'm sure someone here does....:ROFL:

Last edited:
ScubaBrett22. Stop before you get to the Hello Kitty and Ariel mermaid stickers....
Drop by Fill Express and check out what one dive "bud" did to the other's tank when he volunteered to paint it for him. It's on display. Wish I had a photo, I'm sure someone here does....:ROLF3:

Ahahahah funny.... No its more of like Oh i went to Seacamp sticker i dove Looe key sticker ... if they have one. But i also have another question i do Nitrox do i need the Nitrox Sticker?

Ahahahah funny.... No its more of like Oh i went to Seacamp sticker i dove Looe key sticker ... if they have one. But i also have another question i do Nitrox do i need the Nitrox Sticker?

Nope, your VIP sticker will indicate whether your tank is O2 cleaned or not. And, all depends on the shop where you get your NITROX fills. Do they have NITROX banked (don't need dedicated O2 cleaned cylinders) or do they partial pressure blend (in this case, your tanks do need to be O2 prepped)?

Also, be aware, stickers are a great place for rust to form and hide. Many shops will strip off every sticker when they perfrom a VIP.

Also, be aware, stickers are a great place for rust to form and hide. Many shops will strip off every sticker when they perfrom a VIP.

Oh i didn't know that and thank you.

If you really want nitrox stickers on your tanks PM me, I have a couple I can send you. That said, you don't need them and I wouldn't recommend them.

...I wouldn't recommend them.

Why not?

All training agencies specify EANx cylinders must be marked with the classic green and yellow bands. What reasoning is there not to clearly identify/mark whats in a cylinder?

Here ya go, Brett. Just print a couple of these out and glue 'em on. :rofl3:

geezerGas.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom