Tank Painting Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not?

All training agencies specify EANx cylinders must be marked with the classic green and yellow bands.

They do? I took my nitrox class w/ SDI and my Advanced Deco Procedures with NAUI and neither organization specified this.

What reasoning is there not to clearly identify/mark whats in a cylinder?

MY LDS has a couple of cylinders on display that failed their annuals due to corrosion caused from moisture buildup under these completely unecessary tank wraps. The V.I.P. sticker received from an annual inspection will indicate whether or not a tank is nitrox compatible and of course, you should analyze your tank yourself and clearly mark the mix on the tank afer every fill. The wraps are just another way for unscrupulous shops to take your money for a completely unecessary item. I have heard of shops that will only fill tanks with a nitrox wrap that they will be more than happy to sell you, although I have never encountered one.

Why not?

All training agencies specify EANx cylinders must be marked with the classic green and yellow bands. What reasoning is there not to clearly identify/mark whats in a cylinder?

they do? I'll have to go double check my books, but I thought it just said that the cylinders contents should be properly marked?

they do? I'll have to go double check my books, but I thought it just said that the cylinders contents should be properly marked?

At a minimum, PADI and TDI do. And if i remember right, NAUI also

It's even one of the test questions for PADI. Something like it has to be 4 inches in diameter, 1" yellow stripe on top and bottom, green....etc, etc.

That being said, I do not have one on mine. The only advantage to having one is that I've had to tell shops that didn't notice my little O2 clean check box to put my tank on the Nitrox whip while they were hooking my tank up to the regular air whip.

I use these:

AQUNGS.JPG

Put the VIN on the back, and the mix/Date on the front.
Most shops just put a green and/or yellow strip of tape with the mix
I had a shop force me to buy one, and then they tell me it has to be removed at VIP (all stickers are to be removed).

Thanks everyone i think i might be lost so do i kneed the sticker?????????

That's all i am asking hahaha or are you guys trying to figure it out?

Stickers hide damage....
A proper visual inspection will remove them every year....

I'm in the camp of only having the VIP sticker and a piece of tape showing contents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom