Tank Painting Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stickers hide damage....
A proper visual inspection will remove them every year....

I'm in the camp of only having the VIP sticker and a piece of tape showing contents.

I am aware of that stickers cause damage but i am talking about the big green and yellow Nitrox sticker.. or "Enriched Air" Sticker.

I am aware of that stickers cause damage but i am talking about the big green and yellow Nitrox sticker.. or "Enriched Air" Sticker.

That is the biggest sticker, thus, the biggest culprit in tank damage. And, not necessary, if your VIP sticker indicates whether or not your tank is O2 clean.

Stickers hide damage....

I'm in the camp of only having the VIP sticker and a piece of tape showing contents.

I'm in 100% agreement with you....

However some dive shops aren't that sharp. They want the big band sticker so "there are no mistakes" (mostly on their part I guess).

I mean I walked into a dive shop once and asked for a fill. The guy saw my nitrox band and said "you want 32%?". I said "no... can I get a 21% fill?"

his reply.... " I don't think we have that.... all we bank is 32%". (I'M NOT KIDDING).

and this is the guy we are trusting to blend our gases? :shakehead:

I'm in 100% agreement with you....

However some dive shops aren't that sharp. They want the big band sticker so "there are no mistakes" (mostly on their part I guess).

I mean I walked into a dive shop once and asked for a fill. The guy saw my nitrox band and said "you want 32%?". I said "no... can I get a 21% fill?"

his reply.... " I don't think we have that.... all we bank is 32%". (I'M NOT KIDDING).

and this is the guy we are trusting to blend our gases? :shakehead:

I don't ever want to see that guy Ha! But i go to Dixie Divers anyone go there?? Nice shop and thank you for everyone's answers. :D:cool2::D:cool2::D

Stickers hide damage....

So does that mean you took off the little mermaid and kitty stickers from your pink deco bottle? :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

So does that mean you took off the little mermaid and kitty stickers from your pink deco bottle? :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

homer-doh-square.jpg

Ya let me tell you i hated taking off the hello kitty ones ='( jp..... No i am leaving the EFR and Dive Flag sticker on my tank and its just a Aluminum 80... I don't know what a deco bottle is... yet ... Well i might know but i just don't remember right now hahah. :D:rofl3::D:cool2:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom