Tawali bound!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rwhiting

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm leaving for Australia in ten days to visit family in Melbourne, then off to 6 nights in Tawali, PNG. Has anyone been to Tawali recently? Any thoughts on one bungalow vs. another? I'd like to bring something for the village children - any good ideas on something small, but meaningful? I've been told small notepads and pencils are good. Dive sites to ask for in particular? I am psyched!! I've got my Malarone scrip filled and plenty of Deet and sunscreen. Anything else to bring? I'm planning on renting equipment other than wetsuit and mask. I will post a report as soon as I'm back.
Thanks,
Rich

Hi Rich - we have thought of going here also....what would be the best routing from LAX? Seems a little disjointed to get to - then again, we went to Wakatobi in Indonesia last year - 55 hours door to door....!!! Thanks for any help...
Nikki

I'm probably not the best resource here - I've been to the GBR, but that's easy by comparison. I think there are direct flights to Singapore from LAX and then to Port Moresby, or do the LAX-Sydney-Cairns-Port Moresby route. Others have more PNG experience on the board. I decided to do this as a rather lengthy side trip to my Australia visit since I would be in the same time zone. Even from Melbourne it's a full day of travel each way. I'm doing Mebourne-Brisbane-Pt. Moresby-Alotau up and Pt. Moresby-Cairns-Melbourne on the way back. I'll post if I hear of anything better.
Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom