taxi fare from airport to hotel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what is the cost for the shuttles? Do you pay per person or per couple or what? How much from the airport to PLG on the shuttle vans?

bilznut:
So what is the cost for the shuttles? Do you pay per person or per couple or what? How much from the airport to PLG on the shuttle vans?
It's per person, and there is a booth right next to the door that opens to the shuttle area where you pay for it. How much it costs depends on which zone your hotel is in; the PLG is about 5 bucks each, I believe.

undefined
parrotman:
Ok, help me out here. Does this mean that there are shuttle vans from the airport to all locations? We will be staying at the Villa Aldora, will there be a shuttle to take us there?
Thanks,
Jim

You may have the airport shuttle to drop you off at any location, not just a hotel. This includes a car rental agency located in town, rental condos and villas.

txbohunk:
$10 per person

It has gone up recently, but I don't think by that much. It used to be $6.50 to Caribe Blu/Lorena/La Perla, and I believe that it had gone up to 8 bucks on my last visit a month ago; PLG is closer in to town by a good bit.

it is cheaper to lug all your luggage across the street and get a cab, but not much, remember all the fares are goverment controlled so it most likely works out about the same, plus that's something you can pay for in advace and not have to worry about. FA is quite a ways south of town and i'm sure the difference in cost of using the "shuttle", which are the taxis, per dragging your gear 100yds in 100 degree weather is worth it. i checked the weather this past week and it's already 95 with heat index of 110, i'd just as soon wait to get loaded on the cattle car. plus they are having their "occational showers" and you may be walking in the rain.
just some food for thought.
sharky

d56nut:
Hi All,

Well, I think it's official...we are Coz-Aholics...we are planning our 3rd trip there for 2004!!!

We are playing around with the idea of doing all of our planning separately this time. Booking the flight separate from the hotel since there are such great deals on flights closer to departure dates.

Have a question that maybe someone can answer. Does anyone know how much taxi fare from the Cozumel Airport to the Fiesta Americana would be for the 2 of us?

I was looking on some of the travel websites and the cost for the ground transfers is 27.00 a person on one of the sites. When we were in Cozumel last month it only cost 6.00 to go from the hotel to the end of the shopping strip. Can't imagine it being much more than that to go on to the airport (or vice versa) but I'm probably wrong on that! Any info is appreciated!

I just came back from Cozumel, was my 4th visit. I also stayed at the Fiesta Americana, but my shuttle was included with my package. I found that from SC it is cheaper for us to get a package deal that includes everything...there is less worrying about how to get back and forth. Also, if you are definitely staying at the Fiesta Americana I suggest paying the extra $$ to do the all inclusive. They do have 3 choices of places to eat at the resort, but they are very expensive for what you get. A lot of the first timer's we met there were not very happy about the price vs what you get for food and they spent way more even without alcohol, than the all inclusive would have cost them. It is about $50 per couple per night for dinner...and that is for buffet. But getting back to the shuttle, everyone is about right, will cost about $10.

This will be our third trip there this year!!! We did the All Inclusive on both of the previous trips and after checking prices and doing a lot of comparing I believe we will stick with the all inclusive. It's totally worth it. I know we will eat in town at least a couple of times but it will still be worth it. Once I started adding up taxi fares to town to eat 3 times a day it was a no brainer to do the all inclusive. We got a deal for 590.00 for a 7 night stay at the Fiesta Americana and that's all inclusive...meals, drinks (alcohol included), taxes, ground transfers, etc. Booked that through Padi Travel Network. I'll get the flight closer to the travel date through funjet...they are already down to 309.00 round trip from Chicago....and I'm betting I can do better than that. We are going from December 4th - December 11th.

Let the countdown begin!!!

Back
Top Bottom