taxi fare from airport to hotel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think when we got to the airport we took the shuttle and that was about $15 each, but on the way back we took a taxi which was $5 each from the Reef Club. The taxi drivers will tell you any price they want, but we wouldn't let them charge us more that $15 TOTAL for a ride down town. There were some people at our resort after a few drinks paid $15 each not understanding the driver.

leiserom:
Ive been in Cozumel 6 times and I see the taxis across the street. However with a pelican box weighing 70 lb plus two carryons(wife is non-diver) and a shoulder bag holding computers, documents,etc, the trouble to haul this stuff to the taxis is not worth it to me for the few dollars saved. Especially when its hotter than blazes and I got up at 4:30 AM to get there. If going to Casa Del Mar taxi tickets for two are 16 or so vs 10 dollars for a regular taxi. Not enough difference for the trouble

I wondered why you hit on all the downside point of that cheaper taxi ride except the HUMIDITY. Then I looked at your location!

WE have rollers on our gear bags, one large suitcase with rollers and by the time the "cattle vans" were leaving the airport, we were strecthing out for a nap with all the clothes hung and gear stowed in the dive shop..... to each his own, but I live to start my dive vacation as soon as possible.

It may be 150 yards to the little circle outside the airport grounds, but within a minute we are taxi bound to downtown @ $5 total. Heck, that's the cost of a PM dive ....LOL :eyebrow:

tony

scubatexastony:
WE have rollers on our gear bags, one large suitcase with rollers and by the time the "cattle vans" were leaving the airport, we were strecthing out for a nap with all the clothes hung and gear stowed in the dive shop..... to each his own, but I live to start my dive vacation as soon as possible.

Well, WE have far too much equipaje to make it worthwhile to schlep it all out to the street to save ten minutes, even though we can make it all roll with bungees and such. When I go to Mexico, I try to stop being in a hurry about anything. To each his own, but I start my vacation as soon as my luggage is checked on my outbound flight. ;^)

YMMV, of course.

even if you are planning your trip without a package i'd still check with a travel agent and see if you could book a transfer on the shuttle taxi, although it's not real far, it might be a lot easier than lugging your bags and especially scuba eq. accross the parking lot to get out of the airport and the cost will most likley about the same as a regular cab fair to the Fiesta sence it is south of the international pier, i'd guess you'd pay at least $10-12 one way to the hotel regular fare and i think you could get a round tripper on the suttle from an agent for $24-27, might just be worth it.
we're headed down labor day week and can't wait!!!!!!!!
THE shark

d56nut:
Hi All,

Well, I think it's official...we are Coz-Aholics...we are planning our 3rd trip there for 2004!!!

We are playing around with the idea of doing all of our planning separately this time. Booking the flight separate from the hotel since there are such great deals on flights closer to departure dates.

Have a question that maybe someone can answer. Does anyone know how much taxi fare from the Cozumel Airport to the Fiesta Americana would be for the 2 of us?

I was looking on some of the travel websites and the cost for the ground transfers is 27.00 a person on one of the sites. When we were in Cozumel last month it only cost 6.00 to go from the hotel to the end of the shopping strip. Can't imagine it being much more than that to go on to the airport (or vice versa) but I'm probably wrong on that! Any info is appreciated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom