Taxi From Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just shudder driving by and seeing people schlepping massive bags in the hottest part of the day blocks down 65. I just can't see it. Now way back before the private shuttles, one time I came in with a backpack and it was a sort of a surprise as the missus was already there. I was detained for a 'business' issue, but then the guy plead so I flew early. I wanted to surprise her at lunch at Money, so I did walk out and got a taxi on airport road just down from the airport. I managed to get there and hide behind a menu as they came in for a post dive lunch.

Maybe I missed it here, but, are private shuttle pickups allowed at the airport, and, if so, can someone tell me which ones? Heading there in August.

Maybe I missed it here, but, are private shuttle pickups allowed at the airport, and, if so, can someone tell me which ones? Heading there in August.
Which private shuttles are you asking about?

None in particular. Just sounds like access is restricted to certain companies. Unless I am misunderstanding. Was wondering if I have to book with an airport approved shuttle service. I usually book prior to leaving the US.

If you want to use the airport shuttles, which are cheap and easy, just go to their booth in the airport before you exit and buy a ticket. Its easy. Don't bother trying to book it ahead. They are just waiting there for passengers. And you can book private if you want or shared which is a cheaper. They have cars running shuttle service as well as vans, so its not like the old day when it was all vans with a bunch of people.

Those are the only ones that can leave from the airport. Taxis are off the airport grounds basically on the other side of the circle in front of the airport if you really want to schlep your bags over there. However, I have heard recently those some of those taxi guys are trying to charge really inflated fares, so you have to know what you cost should be so you don't get fleeced. Seems taking the airport shuttle is easier with fixed prices posted on the wall.

What cvchief said. Prebooking is not required nor advisable (some cases more expensive). As you can see from our Saturday afternoon flight arrival, the line to buy a ticket is not long and you just stepup. Cozushuttle left and Flexshuttle counter right.
1000007780.jpg

I skip the ticket line, walk out and look for a van that is about full.
I slip the driver 100 pesos and get in the front passenger seat.

Now that’s the Mexican way!! 🇲🇽

FWIW, I have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes in the shuttle ticket line, and if you were looking to get on the shuttle I had already boarded, you would find that seat already occupied by me. :D

I am the videographer for my group and the opening sequence of my yearly CZM video production includes footage shot through the front windshield of the shuttle.

Back
Top Bottom