Team Bouyancy Control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
I believe the point he was making to us AND to the students is that they need to think for themselves and NOT do "trust me dives" just because they think that their instructor knows best. I'm sure that during the dive debrief his students probably get a quick talking to about what they did.

Yes, the debrief is the key issue here as well as getting students to think for themselves. The briefing is also key - I dive on a different mix that allows a deeper MOD for me and make sure that the student determines all of the factors that affect the dive plan during the briefing. They know that I have a different MOD than them....

dumpsterDiver:
?? So you facilitate 50% of your Nitrox students exceeding their MOD during a training dive?

Which is better than many people I know who don't even accompany students doing nitrox dives and just hope that they'll dive as they should...

To be honest, the violation of the MOD is around a foot before giving the up signal and whipping out a pre-printed slate reminding the student of their MOD and mine. Given that mixes are rounded to the %, the inaccuracies in various depth gauges etc it really isn't significant.

Ever race any to the surface too?

Oooh, sarcasm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom