• I did Rescue Course because it was a requirement for my tech courses

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I had done Rescue before I considered the Tech route

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • I did Rescue Course for its own value

Votes: 34 42.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took a PADI Rescue course and it still is one of the best courses I have taken. I was taught by a great instructor and in a very small class...it was a lot of work to do the class and I was very, very tired by days end but it also helped me develp strength and confidence in my dive abilities.
K

I still think my rescue class wass one of the most fun I had taken.

It was assumed in my Trimix classes that you were a rescue certified diver, and already had those skills. As far as agency classes, the best prep for tech classes I had was Rescue and DIRF.

do it easy:
I did get something useful out of it and would recommend taking it to anyone of any level of training. What was most useful to me were the techniques, the practice, and the accident management.

The rescue scenarios in my trimix class were more like exhibitions. We had to perform the skill, but it was just to get some experience doing it with all the gear on, not to teach the basic rescue skills.
Yup! I strong agreed, tech advanced rescue skills:popcorn:

I think Rescue and Cavern should be on every diver's list, every diver's list. Rescue teaches you not only how to handle mishaps, but more importantly how to see 'em coming and intervene before everything turns to worms (most of the time). Cavern teaches great skills in buoyancy and general diving and enough about overhead environments to keep you out of most of 'em entirely :)
Rick

I took rescue after adv. rec tmx & wreck but before tech wreck and "full" tmx...

I did my course in bp/w and longhose and the instructor appreciated the oppurtunity to show the other students a different setup, if nothing else it helped reinforce the message that a buddycheck before a dive is very important...

I had a lot of fun on my course and definetly think it was worth doing, if nothing else than for the efr-bit...Like Rick I think Rescue and cavern/wreck should be taken by all divers for the reasons he provided, plus they´re all really fun courses...

I took the Rescue course long before I considered tech diving. My progression was:

OW to AOW to Rescue to (Tech Nitrox / Deco Procedures / Helitrox) to Trimix I.

I would say take the Rescue class before heading into tech. If anything, it will help you build on the skills and confidence level you currently have.

i've never taken rescue. i have wanted to, but it hasn't jelled so far. at the rate i'm going, i'll be full cave before i'm rescue... :rolleyes:

I took Rescue last year, I think it's important and should be a mandatory course.

Being British, we teach rescue as part of the basic open water courses, so we do it in the pool first before ever going near open water and then it's repeated in sport diver training. Did the same training with my daughter, as someone elses buddy, she needs to be able to assisted ascents/air share/donate etc etc just the same as anyone else does.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom