tech diving: what's available nowadays?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, a few years ago I was in touch with a guy named Stewart or Stuart (not the Stewart from the Trident) who had Jamie's book of numbers and was running trips to the Gulf wrecks on the liveaboard MV Giamani in the summer. They sailed her through the Strait and stopped off to dive the HMS Repulse and Prince of Wales and then the boat did recreational trips to the Similans during the winter. But I was too late to get in on that. After I had delayed for a few years, he decided to get out of the tech diving liveaboard business.

I was hoping someone else had stepped in to fill the void, but I guess not.
Small correction, for Giamani it was the other way round. They were doing trips to Similans, but looking for something to do in summer. These trips were not worthwhile for them.

Thanks Centrals -- I already have. I was there last July for 6 days with a group organized by Sam and Dave of Tech Asia. Truly excellent wreck diving!
Cut off the middleman and go back again!!

Thanks, stevenl, for the clarification.

Centrals, I'd like to go back to the Hermes, but Thailand is where I can meet with some traveling loved ones in the summer and that'll be my only trip for a few months.

Maybe just a couple dives on the Hardeep and then pursue non-diving interests.

Back
Top Bottom