Tech help down to 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No? Then that's a real improvement. Howabout the higher IP and the upstream valve design that requires an OPV on the 1st stage? Those are big issues to me, but might have been resolved (any Poseidon guys out there know for sure?). Can you take the 2nd stage cover off? I heard that sometimes they breath wet in higher flow or on the scooter (but I don't know for sure). Things to think about.

I haven't been in the water here yet, but my gear should be arriving within a month's time. I've made some friends down in HongKong and I hope to dive with them soon :) Be careful, traveling to China can be addictive, this is my 4th time here in 4 years!

No? Then that's a real improvement. Howabout the higher IP and the upstream valve design that requires an OPV on the 1st stage? Those are big issues to me, but might have been resolved (any Poseidon guys out there know for sure?). Can you take the 2nd stage cover off? I heard that sometimes they breath wet in higher flow or on the scooter (but I don't know for sure). Things to think about.

I haven't been in the water here yet, but my gear should be arriving within a month's time. I've made some friends down in HongKong and I hope to dive with them soon :) Be careful, traveling to China can be addictive, this is my 4th time here in 4 years!

I heard the same thing that they breath wet. Not so great when diving shallow.

Yea can see how China would do that. I'm a chef and HongKong is a dream for a food nut like me.

I have been all over the world and still not made it 2 China or Japan...Went to Korea with my Hapkido Master that was amazing.

Thank you
Al

I'm another HOG supporter, however: All three of your choices are great regulators. If you don't mind sending your regulator off for service (and I don't, I use Professional Scuba Repair) then the Poseidon is a great choice. I think that the Atomic is way over-priced, and I dislike ScubaPro's marketing scheme. But if the ScubaPro was in the price range of the HOG, (and I could not have the HOG), I'd take the ScubaPro.

I'm another HOG supporter, however: All three of your choices are great regulators. If you don't mind sending your regulator off for service (and I don't, I use Professional Scuba Repair) then the Poseidon is a great choice. I think that the Atomic is way over-priced, and I dislike ScubaPro's marketing scheme. But if the ScubaPro was in the price range of the HOG, (and I could not have the HOG), I'd take the ScubaPro.

Hi can you tell me if they breath wet? I also heard that they breath hard at less then 10m....
Don't know if it's true???

I know you have been around the block and then some...we spoke on the phone Back in Aug ..This Alex from NYC lower east side..maybe that rings a bell..

Hope you are doing well!!!
Thank you!!!

You need to use tools to remove the faceplate on the A700. Take a look at HOG.
Ditto, why pay more, when you can get more for less....I transitioned to HOG from Apeks and have been using them for awhile.......Never a problem, easy to self-service AND get parts for :O !!!!.....

Ditto, why pay more, when you can get more for less....I transitioned to HOG from Apeks and have been using them for awhile.......Never a problem, easy to self-service AND get parts for :O !!!!.....

I did not ASK about HOG or Bacon ....IT WAS NOT ON THE LIST !!!

I would not go with the Mk25 if diving cold water though. A few reports of freeflows. Mk17 seems to be a more popular choice.

I can't find the reference, but one source attributed those freeflows to the Mk25/S600 combination. Something about a trickle in the S600 that naturally kept the Mk25 open. Made sense to me, especially as I haven't heard of any problems with G250 combinations.

For what it's worth, the G250 opens without tools.

---------- Post Merged at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:04 PM ----------

No? Then that's a real improvement. Howabout the higher IP and the upstream valve design that requires an OPV on the 1st stage? T

Web search of that Poseidon indicates a regularish IP (125psi) but still a built in OPV in the 1st.

Hogs are cheap, breath well, route nicely for doubles or sidemount, come ready for O2 service, and parts and service classes are readily available. What's not to like?

Chinese made. Short history...

---------- Post Merged at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:50 AM ----------

What makes the Hog better than the M1? The M1 has a much longer service record and is wholly made in the USA.

---------- Post Merged at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:50 AM ----------

-M1 is a great reg, but you have to pack it with lube $$, and its great for scootering, O2 service etc.

Lube replacement is accomplished during the M1's normal servicing cycle of every two years or 300 dives. Atomic regs can be shipped to the manufacture for professional servicing, including the replacement of the lube...

I don't buy regulators like the Atomic, the ScubaPro or the Aqualung because they have an artificially inflated retail price that depends on what is basically price fixing and advertising rather than superior quality or supply and demand. Plus I'd much rather have a diaphragm regulator first stage that a piston regulator any day.

---------- Post Merged at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:25 PM ----------

I don't buy regulators like the Atomic, the ScubaPro or the Aqualung because they have an artificially inflated retail price that depends on what is basically price fixing and advertising rather than superior quality or supply and demand. Plus I'd much rather have a diaphragm regulator first stage that a piston regulator any day.

Chinese made. Short history...

---------- Post Merged at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:50 AM ----------

What makes the Hog better than the M1? The M1 has a much longer service record and is wholly made in the USA.

---------- Post Merged at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Lube replacement is accomplished during the M1's normal servicing cycle of every two years or 300 dives. Atomic regs can be shipped to the manufacture for professional servicing, including the replacement of the lube...

I agree with Scott!!! Not looking for cheap Chinese made.....and because some one thinks they are infated in price. Same reason I would never buy a Hyundai....cheap ****!!!!

Igain we are off topic..is there no one that dives Poseidon Extreme????

I'm so happy for all you Bacon divers enjoy!!!! Once again not into the Hog or service it my self. just because I know how to fold and pack my own parachute does not mean I want to do it. I leave it to the professional!!!!

---------- Post Merged at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:39 PM ----------

I can't find the reference, but one source attributed those freeflows to the Mk25/S600 combination. Something about a trickle in the S600 that naturally kept the Mk25 open. Made sense to me, especially as I haven't heard of any problems with G250 combinations.

For what it's worth, the G250 opens without tools.

---------- Post Merged at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Web search of that Poseidon indicates a regularish IP (125psi) but still a built in OPV in the 1st.

Thank you did not know that!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom