Tech Nitrox Intro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since we are talking oxtox what kind of redundancy do you have in mind that will do any good other than another diver????

AquaTec once bubbled...
well i will thow in a couple of thoughts

Also I know that when I used to hunt it was always solo so if you are doing the same then buddy dependency is not an opption. just make sure you have some redundency.

AquaTec once bubbled...
Also I know that when I used to hunt it was always solo so if you are doing the same then buddy dependency is not an opption. just make sure you have some redundency
That is an interesting point, and one that I have given considerable thought to. I have just switched to doubles, with manifold and iso, which also means a different bc (trying the Zeagle Tech with optional plate, first. The Zeagle factory is twenty minutes from my house, so I can get some customization).

You should see the looks I am getting from my buddies when I tell them I am going to doubles for spearfishing. While not every hazard of solo diving can be elminated, I think doubles gives at least an extra measure of safety with the ability to shut down malfunctioning first or second stages, and isolate tanks if necessary.

I am starting a cave diving course for the sole purpose of gaining total comfort with my new gear.

tampascott once bubbled...
why lay in to him?

Open Derby.
Sport.

He just swam in outta nowhere reeking of aggression so I popped him.

(Later learn he is a friend of yours and has a thing for Genesis ) :D

Actually... the advise I gave him was excellent, concise and spot on... just not on a silver plater, served with garnish and a smile. :wink:

Sport....he he he he

I agree he was a bit abrasive. Seemed to have "been there, done that" but wanted to know how. I kinda "lurked" the board for a while to get a feel of the tone and 'snap" of the peeps.

JMTCW
Mad:D

DNAXdiver once bubbled...
Since we are talking oxtox what kind of redundancy do you have in mind that will do any good other than another diver????

I had already given my advice on the prevention of a tox hit.

I was reffering to the fact that he probably dove alone as i did when I hunted. so some redundency in air supply etc would be a good thing, even a little pony bottle, as much as i don't use them anymore, they do have their place.

A buddy will probably not help you if you get cns O2 hit, convultions come on without warrning and you will inhale water, stopping your ability to transfer O2 through the aviolies

A buddy will have a less than 1% chance of being effective. and he is probably ate the cns % as you ..so he is next

Your only action is to antiapate a hit and use a full face mask, when your cns % is peaking like at your 20 foot stop.

Everything else is preventative

roakey once bubbled...

Only the government would have a total of 110%!

[yhea, it's a typo but it struck me as funny :)]

Roak

oooops...

Didn't notice the typo....

But your right, what a coincidence the typo involved the government.. They always seem to invent new types of math..

There's some great reads here and I look forward to reading all of your replies. Thanks for the Non Garnished approach. I appreciate everyone taking the time to pass on your knowledge.

Well, I hope I passed the audition! I can tell there are some good people on this board and I hope to be an addition in the future.

Shoot Straight and Dive Safe!

Shooter Dan once bubbled...
Well, I hope I passed the audition! I can tell there are some good people on this board and I hope to be an addition in the future.
You did... there are... you will.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom