Technical Diving Encyclopedia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have considered it! It would be a book I got after this one, as I would like one that's focused on techniques and the like, but it's definetely one to cosider. Technical Diving: An Introduction is a good recommendation though!
"Techniques" change over time. That's the kind of thing I would prefer to learn in person from actual instructors, who are actively doing the kinds of dives I want to do. The underlying principles, such as the physiology of decompression, don't change.

Maybe I'm ignorant but what are you hoping to get out of a technical diving encyclopedia?
Two reasons mostly. First, I am a very new tech diver and I don't have a lot of opportunities to go out and either practice my skills or go on a lovely deco dive. And secondly, I'm absolutely fascinated with the procedures and techniques that other divers use on their tec dives, and I'm always willing to learn better techniques. I already have my DSAT Tec Deep Diver manual, which is nice (if out of date!) but I would like some other reference material too.

"Techniques" change over time. That's the kind of thing I would prefer to learn in person from actual instructors, who are actively doing the kinds of dives I want to do. The underlying principles, such as the physiology of decompression, don't change.
You do have a fair point. I remember my old computer science teacher saying "Information is out of date as soon as it's printed". I need to find an instructor where I'm based, though...
I do want to read more about the physiology of diving, especially decompression, as I'm thinking about it for a project.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom