Technical Diving In Depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to see you are keeping busy.

From your response I learn that the book is not an easy one to read or comprehend.

I will take a few hours tomorrow morning to go through the book and see if it is something I can use (other than for a paper weight).

I will let you know.

Ari:)

I purchased a copy of the said book at Barnes&Noble.com at 20% discount. It is also availabl at SOME B&N stores (for example, the one in Union Square NYC).

I can relate to everything that was written in response to my question -- the book is really difficult to read and of clear mathematical nature.

Nevertheless, I also find it very informative and rewarding. It is clearly not a technical diving manual, but rather a in depth theoretical handbook.

I find it a good reference.

Ari :)

Mine should arrive today. I'm pretty interested in the physics/physiology of diving. (Math/CS/Biology backround)

I would like to implement a couple of decompression models to get an idea of how things work. The haldanian models seem fairly simple, the RGBM a bit trickier, but not too bad. I'd like to write some software to integrate that in with my dive profiles & look at theoretical tissue loading/bubble formation/growth etc... (I found this neat device that will do depth/temperature at 1 second sampling intervals)

I don't do any decompression diving and won't be getting into that game for a while anyway but... The theory (esp bubble) is fascinating.

I'm hoping it'll give me a better intuitive feeling for the models. Any other book suggestions would be appreciated!

Sigh... Guess I've got too much free time on my hands. No job'll do that! (my fault for not looking)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom