Technique for finding fossils

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Kayak is a hybrid fisher kayak so would not matter if it rolled . Guess more like an Ocean kayak. As long as everything was strapped in good or in the compartments so it would not fall out it can tip as much as it wants and still wont sink.

It is not correct that the charters only go for an hour and a half. The two charters I've gone out with both offer two-tank dives (Aristakat, Meg Charters). Each dive is 90 minutes or 500lbs, but you switch tanks and do it again, so you're underwater for 3 hours. Aristakat is cheaper, especially if you have your own tanks. Both will put you on the teeth but they are different experiences. I've only found large teeth farther out when diving from a boat, but shore diving is a lot of fun as well and is almost always productive.

I'll be in Florida July 26th and 27th looking for someone to shore/boat dive for sharks teeth. Don't mind covering the costs if you have a boat. I've always wanted to go and the charters only go for an hour and a half which is not much considering the drive I need to make to get there. I was looking for as much time as possible. I'm a newly minted PADI diver, but I've been diving in lakes for 5 years. I have all my own equipment. Let's have some fun! If anyone is game just give me a call at 201-600-0032 or hit me up on here. I'd love to go and fulfill this dream.

-Robert

I am on for meg charters on Mon. the 16th. Might have to give Aristakat a call for one of the other days. I will have my tanks with me so that wont be a problem.
thanks again to all for the info.

Gytwypt: One other thing, I recommend people go to YouTube and watch some videos (it will give you an idea of different types of bottoms/soils that you might encounter and how teeth stick out or are revealed). I have some videos on my FB page to. Good hunting!

Dive4life thanks man. I have been trying to watch all the videos I can find. Mostly off the dive charter websites though. Will have to check out some of yours. I plan on diving everyday 15-21 of July. Going to try and hit all the spots. Maybe 2 days of boat diving.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom