Tell me about the Sacramento area? (any area firefighters here?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, and Dolphin Scuba in Sac is an awesome store. It's HUGE. You'll like it.

Josh,
It's because it's been too long between dives for you, my friend... but then again there was that time that the red tide ate your brain :wink:

Ditto on Dolphin Scuba... Great shop... specially the fathers day sale. You gotta come down and witness that mad house. :)

Ben

Welcome to Roseville! What part of Roseville are you moving too?

The only real dive club I've heard of in the area is Dolphin Divers. From what I understand they are a pretty active group. Shop wise, you can't beat Dolphin's selection and price.

If you're the kind who supports small LDS mom and pop type shops I'd recommend Fish Eye Scuba in Folsom, or Andy's Scuba world.

I’ll be moving up to a small one bedroom apartment until we can get things squared away in Temecula and get the house ready to rent. The apartment is on Valejo, about 5 miles from the office. Although I can stick it out in almost anywhere for a bit, I hope it’s not a dump…I found the place and rented over the internet and phones…

I saw the Dolphin web page…looks awesome!

It's still too early for me to formulate humorous response to this, Ben. I am pretty good at eyeballing the lemonade mix:water ratio, and am on the "list" of people who buy Sudafed, but wouldn't know a meth lab if it bit me in the a**. I can, however, spot a tweeker from a mile away. Occupational hazard.

As a land surveyor, I can’t tell you how many cases of Sudafed I’ve found cut open on the bottom with the bottles slashed on the bottom (easier to get the tablets out in a hurry). I’ve called in HazMat on so many sites I think, for awhile there, they would cringe every time they saw my phone number come up.

I’ll be in Roseville late tomorrow afternoon…

Josh,
It's because it's been too long between dives for you, my friend...
This is true. It's been almost a year. The good news is, my home improvement skills are coming along nicely and I still have all my fingers. Soon as I finish the room I'm working on, gonna work on putting an end to the extended surface interval.

I’ll be moving up to a small one bedroom apartment until we can get things squared away in Temecula and get the house ready to rent. The apartment is on Valejo, about 5 miles from the office. Although I can stick it out in almost anywhere for a bit, I hope it’s not a dump…I found the place and rented over the internet and phones…

Ah, right on. You're a stones throw away from me. I'm off of Junction / Sawtell. I'm not familiar with the apartments in that area, but hopefully they turn out alright. If you need any help unloading the uhaul, I'll be around most of the weekend spending some quality time cleaning up the garage. (we just moved about 3 mo. ago.)

I worked shift work in San Jose and bought in Santa Cruz because the housing was cheaper....the good new about the housing market crash is that housing in santa cruz is comming down and now is the time to buy here...if you do shift work the 9 mile commute to San Jose is a piece of cake!

I thought Santa Cruz was the most expensive real estate market around now due to the lack of land to build new construction. I do not know what you are talking about 9 miles unless you mean before the Summit.

hahaha, yes... What I have to look forward to for the next 5-6 months! I promise you I will NEVER miss Chicago winters :wink:

Temperatures in Sacramento?

StreetDoctor........Sacramento winters to you, after living in Chicago, will feel like t-shirt and shorts weather. 40's and 50's during the day.

I flew into Chicago for a trade show one January years ago. It was a BEAUTIFUL day in the Windy City. The sun was shining and you could see forever. Looking out the window as the Friendly Skies coach approached O'Hare the ground had a light dusting of white. No problem, I had my best California winter overcoat with me. Plus, I've skied Tahoe in blowing snowstorms so I was ready for the cold. Curious though, the pilot talked about the high winds and potential for a bumpy landing but didn't mention anything about the temperature as we approached our destination.

The plane landed and pulled up to the jetway. The connection was made and the door swung open. I was sitting three rows from the exit when the blast of fresh air hit me in the face. My jaw dropped. It was at that moment the pilot came on the intercom and announced that the temperature was 5 degrees F with a wind chill of minus 20. I'm no mountain climber, but in that moment I felt a kinship with guys who climb Everest. That weekend contained the coldest hours I've ever spent in the sun. The air actually twinkled in the sunlight due to ice crystals riding the wind.

StreetDoctor, anybody who ever complains about the winters in California doesn't know the meaning of winter. You do.

BTW, Chicago is one of the cities with direct flights out of Sacramento. So if you ever get in the mood for flying home in January, you'll be there in 4.5 hours. Oh joy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom