Tell me what y'all think about this idea...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

to be recommending that for ANY O2 use.

No valve at all? So how are we regulating gas flow? With the TANK valves?! You GOT to be kidding.

I hope nobody is seriously considering using one of those things for actual blending....

Genesis once bubbled...
in my case I keep the O2 bottle on the other side of work area, intentionally, from the compressor and air, so in my case it doesn't matter.

I put the O2 in the bottles, safe the supply bottle, store the whip, and then top the cylinders with air. Never the two meet, and never the two sets of equipment meet each other's gas either.

I can see that this kind of setup might not work too well in a shop where volume and speed is a consideration, but neither is much of one for me.... :)

My compressor and air bank tanks are in a seperate room. My air manifold is at the fill station along with hyper filter and gas bottles. I pull the O2, helium (what ever) streight from the bottles (not off a manifold). I have a bunch and use them as a cascade but they are not manifolded. The O2 whip will only connect to the mix controller (QD). The air whips are standard whips.

It appears to me that the only thing it has to restrict flow is a check valve. Not the type of control I'm looking for.

Genesis once bubbled...
to be recommending that for ANY O2 use.

No valve at all? So how are we regulating gas flow? With the TANK valves?! You GOT to be kidding.

I hope nobody is seriously considering using one of those things for actual blending....

I wonder if SeaJay is taking notes.

Perhaps when he comes diving with us over here he'll come away with a BOM for his own fillstation too :)

I'm taking notes. :D

A little too deep for me thus far, though... I haven't even gotten into the fill station part of scuba yet.

Heck, I'm still trying to figure out the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way of getting out to the wrecks offshore.

I found a 26'11" offhosre hull with a Volvo 125 hp (!) motor... Volvo Penta outdrive... For $7900. It's a steal, and it runs well... The boat just needs some TLC.

Comes with trailer, too, including new axles and Bearing Buddys.

I think it's time for me to take Gen up on his offer... School's coming to a close over the next two weeks... Gen, you up for a visit from me and Raven this summer? I think it would be such a blast...

And then you can show me what all of this mumbo-jumbo air fill station stuff means. :D

just give me fair warning, and get ahold of me off-list so we can coordinate dates and such - you don't want to come out here when the weather will be blowing too hard to have a good time!

Looks like this entire WEEK is out - which does happen this time of year. It gets better as we get closer to summer, but spring can be like this - a week at a time where you have 4-5 footers out there - just not the right time to be diving :)

We did get out last weekend (not easter, the weekend before) though, so my itch is down to a manageable level. We actually had two good days back-to-back, but no takers for the second one..... although a couple of days later we went for snapper season opening :)

Give me a holler, and come on out.

Will do, buddy! :D

Raven's getting her new gear in the next week or two, and school's coming to a close for both of us. This summer's going to be the summer of diving... And we have plans to come down and bug you as much as we can! :D

I'll stay in touch...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom