Tell us your most embarassing bloopers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nt

:goofy: I'm going nuts!

How about these?

- Ever seen a diver wearing shorty coming out after a confined water session with chocolate dripping down to his legs...??? (know what I mean?)

- A divemaster forgot to change his tank and was down to 60 bars. He was going to guide a couple on a deep dive (120'). After the dive, he came up with 50 bars of air still in his tank. Turns out he was using the alternates of the couple without them even knowing.

- On a private dive, ever seen a diver swimming with only one fin? Hehehe, funny site. Guess it's not funny for him because he has to buy all of us a case of beer as penalty for forgetting a piece of personal equipment.

I tell you guys, diving is fun... sometimes from the things other people or us do.

Enjoy!

P.S. I like that oring going BANG BANG BANG 3x. :goofy:

One time my partner and I was going to be interviewed by a local news paper. The paper was going to shoot stills of us underwater in a local High School swimming pool. As we were getting ready, the High School swim team was sitting in bleachers near the pool watching us. I went to put on my Viking Dry suit which I had not worn for a while and the entire neck-dam came off on my head. It stuck look gooey putty on my head and hair. I told the news report they will have take the pictures of my partner because I couldn't dive my suit. My partner made fun of me and said, come on, just put the suit on, who cares if it floods, were only in a pool. Sounded OK to me, I'd just strip down and get in. So I put the suit on and finished suiting up. The Latex hood part of the suit seemed to be working fine. Due to the fact I was using an AGA full face mask, it sealed up the suit and kept the water out.

I jumped in and sat on the bottom waiting for my partner and the news shooter. After about 5 minutes I called up to the topside help via underwater communications to find out what was up and where my partner was. I was told he was hamming it up in front of the kids. Well about 2 minutes later I saw this big splash and in came my partner. As he swam up I could not believe my eyes, his dry suit was not zipped up! :all: That was not the worst, he had kept on his street clothes showing off in front of the students. His shirt and sweater was bubbling out the back of the suit. When I told him he let out a string of words I can't even start to put down on paper. He told me to quickly zip up the suit (like it was going to help). I tired but only managed to mingle his shirt and sweater in the zipper. Now for the good part.

He went over to the pool ladder and was trying to get out. He must of weighed about 400 pounds. He looked like that little dough-boy pizza kid on the TV commercials. As he was struggling to get out, his tank fell out of the back pack and start hanging him. I jumped up behind him and gave him a big push and he flopped on the pool deck like a big whale. As he was laying down deflating and water pouring out everywhere, one of the kids in the bleachers yelled out, "Hey mister, what kind of suit is that?" Without hesitation, my partner blurted out, "It's a dry suit".

The news paper lady looked at me with my hair still full of sticky Latex and my partner dripping wet and asked, "Are you sure you're professionals?"

DeepSea, tell me it ain't so! LOL! Another good one. We have to start logging all of these good ones down... what would be even better is if you have a copy of the tape handy... LOL!

This was a great post to read. Thank goodness I don't have anything to share "yet", but I'm sure it'll happen in time since I've very new to this! :)

Come on guys, I know you have to have some funny stuff to share! Lets have some fun with this one.

Ok..how about this one. Here you are, working in a retail diveshop. You just finish helping the last couple drop lots of money on 2 complete sets of dive equipment. And, they trust you...cause you are a professional and know what you're talking about. And they leave for that evening's boat dive very happy.

Now, remember, you work in a dive shop so therefore, you forget what its like to dive (off a boat at least...cause you are always working!) Well, believe it or not, a spot opens up at the last minute on this boat dive, so you close the store, close the register, and you stop at the house and get your gear to get to the boat before it leaves the dock.

You get there...breathe a sigh of relief..and get your gear set up. And you know what you are doing...cause you are a professional. Now...you look at your gear, and something just doesn't seem right. So you check your air...and you check your BC..and everything seems fine. Then you have your dive buddy check everything. You have air...inflater is hooked up...computer is working. Then the Captain looks at it and says "so, is this a new aerodynamic way to dive?"

Here, I..the dive professional..hooked up my gear backwards, with the tank facing away from the BC and the screw nob on the first stage aimed towards the back of my head! (Like I said, I didn't get out much, and I was "stressed")

The couple I just helped spend lots of money on gear just looked at me...and looked at their gear...and just, sort of smiled...and double checked everything!

That about says it all! (hangs her head in shame!)

Good one Scubabunny! I did the exact same thing this past weekend in my refresher course.

Of course I had more on an excuse! :wink: I got certified two years ago, went on a dive trip to Cozumel and haven't been diving since!

Back
Top Bottom