Temp at Milbrook in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm thinking about taking the Rescue course with VA Scuba next month. What will the water temp be like mid February? I'm wondering what they will rent me for a wetsuit. That's all I would need to rent. I'm thinking it's cold but just how cold are we talking?

scubamickey:
I'm thinking about taking the Rescue course with VA Scuba next month. What will the water temp be like mid February? I'm wondering what they will rent me for a wetsuit. That's all I would need to rent. I'm thinking it's cold but just how cold are we talking?

I did in in May and it was cold. 50ish on top and 40s at 20 feet. I've done drysuit there in March but I understand that you you can't wear a drysuit in the Rescue class? Read the materials about hypothermia twice.

You can definitely do the rescue course in a drysuit. Happens here all the time. I just don't want to :)

40s is way to cold for me in a 7mm.

scubamickey:

When I did it they insisted that dry suits would get flooded if you did it right. After two days of tuggin flailing bodies onto the shore I believe them, but good luck.

If you signed up for the February Rescue Class, you will not be doing the open water portion until Millbrook opens back up sometime in late April. Basically you will do the pool portion in February and then take the open water portion at a later date.

Oh well. Guess the rescue class will have to wait until I get to Florida this June. Thanks for the info.

I'm diving Bainbridge quarry tomrrow with a buddy of mine, and 3 weekends ago or so, the temp was about 38 degrees at an average of 60ft depth. I'm sure it will be colder tomorrow. Anyone who wants to join us, feel free, just bring a hot coffee thermos. Just look for a Silver Chevy Equinox, that would be us.

Szymon

PWCPD Diver:
I dove in a quarry last week in Fredericksburg and the temp was 36 degrees at at 15 ft

dive2deep:
I'm diving Bainbridge quarry tomrrow with a buddy of mine, and 3 weekends ago or so, the temp was about 38 degrees at an average of 60ft depth. I'm sure it will be colder tomorrow. Anyone who wants to join us, feel free, just bring a hot coffee thermos. Just look for a Silver Chevy Equinox, that would be us.

Szymon

Is that the name of the quarry there? We go there for training a few times a year and I just never knew the name.

Back
Top Bottom