Teric vs Perdix 2 vs Mk2i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think Garmin can compete until they have AMOLED diplays in their diving watches. I have both a Teric and a Perdix. I personally prefer the Perdix because I can fit all the parameters I like to keep an eye on during tec dives without ever switching screen. On the other hand the Teric is great is you like small form factors (it's still a very large watch compared to the running watches and other smart watches).
Not having the AMOLED is one of the things I like about my Mk2i! That is one of it's main advantages out of the water (the Garmin screen is much easier to read in bright sun), and a much smaller disadvantage in the water.

Not having the AMOLED is one of the things I like about my Mk2i! That is one of it's main advantages out of the water (the Garmin screen is much easier to read in bright sun), and a much smaller disadvantage in the water.
Agree but for me a dive computer needs to perform underwater. As soon as I get out, I wear my running Garmin (also with AMOLED).

Agree but for me a dive computer needs to perform underwater. As soon as I get out, I wear my running Garmin (also with AMOLED).
The Mk2i does perform underwater. I have never had a problem with the display underwater, it just isn't quite as nice as the Teric. However on the surface, particularly in bright sun, the Teric doesn't perform (and it is a horrible choice as an everyday watch).

The Mk2i does perform underwater. I have never had a problem with the display underwater, it just isn't quite as nice as the Teric. However on the surface, particularly in bright sun, the Teric doesn't perform (and it is a horrible choice as an everyday watch).
That's what I mean. I don't wear my dive watch when out of the water so I am looking for the best performing thing underwater and my personal preference is for AMOLED underwater.

That's what I mean. I don't wear my dive watch when out of the water so I am looking for the best performing thing underwater and my personal preference is for AMOLED underwater.
While AMOLED is the best performing display technology under water, a DC using AMOLED is not automatically the best performing DC underwater. There are many other important performance metrics on a DC. And AMOLED is not that much better than the alternatives that it swamps all consideration of other features.

For many use cases, the iX3M, the Perdix, and the Perigrine easily outperform the Teric as dive computers; none of them have an AMOLED. For other use cases, the Teric does outperform, and when it does it is primarily because of it's display.

All these (iX3M, the Perdix, and the Perigrine) are good screens underwater – what I meant with AMOLED was any pixel illuminated screen (LED, AMOLED, etc.) in contrast with the ones used by current Garmin that look best when topside in sunlite but much less underwater

All these (iX3M, the Perdix, and the Perigrine) are good screens underwater – what I meant with AMOLED was any pixel illuminated screen (LED, AMOLED, etc.) in contrast with the ones used by current Garmin that look best when topside in sunlite but much less underwater
The Mk2i is illuminated and looks great underwater! As good as the Perdix. Just not as good as the Teric. I usually run it at only 20% brightness and that is enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom