Texas Clipper sinking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pvillestang, Yes the Stack will be removed and there will be access from the bridge to the engine room also thru the cargo holds and sides.Thanks for your interest.We are trying to make it as diver friendly as we can.

Hey, now all we need is deck plans... got those Mr. Chairman? I'm glad to see your on here, and we can get some true info from the source, and not sit around and speculate!

Kevin

Well for us driving from the metroplex the Clipper is only 25 miles closer than the Oriskany. I think I will pick the "O" instead because if it gets blown out at least I can make a few dives in the local springs.

I have blueprints , however the vessel is being modified as we speak. It is our intention to have a diver plan available. Note After she sinks there will be a 48 hour period before it is open for public diving. Has anyone in your group made a dive on the tug cora lee or the navy barge which is at another site south of the jetty's? The tug was sunk in August of 95, and we towed a tripod down from mansfield and put the tug next to it.

Debraw:
Well for us driving from the metroplex the Clipper is only 25 miles closer than the Oriskany. I think I will pick the "O" instead because if it gets blown out at least I can make a few dives in the local springs.

???

Arlington to Pensacola approx 720 miles
Arlington to South Padre Island approx 563 miles

Hmmm...Troy mapped it on the Garmin GPS and it was only 25 more miles to Pensacola. Well I have been wrong before...Will clarify what route he used when we talk this weekend on the road to Iowa. I can't wait to have him all to myself!

Debraw:

I agree and that's why I made two trips to Pensacola last year. But you know as a diver that we long for NEW dive sites and new adventures, and for that we are willing to take that risk. E.g. many continue to book Feb. FG trips to see hammerheads knowing there is about a 75% chance of getting blown out.

Debraw:
Hmmm...Troy mapped it on the Garmin GPS and it was only 25 more miles to Pensacola. Well I have been wrong before...Will clarify what route he used when we talk this weekend on the road to Iowa. I can't wait to have him all to myself!

I just ran the city/st. names on MapQuest....well both are on my list of dives! :D

It is in Texas waters. What better reason is needed to dive the Clipper? I feel if we don't support this site that is just more ammo against up not getting anymore. I will be pulling my boat down there as soon as I get a good forecaust. I am sure even if it is during the week that I will be able to get a 4 person crew to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom