Thanks for the recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlowe

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't actually post a request for recommendations, but you don't have to do you. I found Kevin at Underwater a common theme here. I am in Orlando this week and went down on Tuesday and dove with them. Great guy, great group, great dives. In all my blue water dives, I have never seen a shark... till now and saw two nurse sharks. One of them got really close. Very nice. Kevin is as easy going as it gets and even swapped out the tanks for everyone for the second dive. Never had that done either. I am going to have to find another excuse to go to Boynton and dive. They have really good camera equipment and took pictures of the divers and emailed them. Super cool! I am terrible with names, but think I buddied up with a gal named Karen. She was real busy snapping reef photos too. Everyone on the boat were excellent divers which really made it a great trip as well. So... thanks for the recommendations and thanks Kevin and Karen, if that is your name, for showing a Texan a great time.

Randy

Randy,

Here name was Kelly (my wife), and she said you were a great buddy. Thanks for keeping an eye on her yesterday.

Glad you had a good time diving with Kevin. He and Alex are the best in Boynton.

Ah! I knew I probably had it wrong. Kelly was taking pics and the viz was not ideal. She tended to lag behind and I did not want her to get out of sight so I held up from time to time to make sure she was OK. Plus, everyone was moving a bit in the current. She is a great diver, wish I could dive more to improve my skills.

On the second dive my computer was getting close to the limit so I had to get a little altitude to get back some time. I think it might be a little aggressive, it's a suunto, because Kevin and Kelly stayed down quite a bit longer than I could by my computer. I ended up with about 1000 in the tank. You all are lucky to live where you can dive in that beautiful water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom