That was interesting...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Water Dawg...

Here's the funny part...
The guy topside who had the extra tank was an instructor. He had an extra 10L steel tank and threw a regulator on it. He was afraid the full steel tank would not sink (!), so he strapped a weight belt to it with some lead (!) and then tossed it into the water above us. 5m down, the thing crashed next to us like an atomic bomb on the bottom, probably would have killed someone if it had hit...

Good thinking asking for a tank to be sent down.

Note to self: When dropping a tank to a deco diver, lower it slowly on rope. :D

The big question here is, how much did he pay you to recover his 10K of video equipment? :)

Seriously though, I understand there's nothing wrong with the state of recreational training.

30mins of deco?,.......must have been a dandy profile.

30mins of deco?,.......must have been a dandy profile.
Watch it...!!

I wonder if his computer has an alarm? Maybe he needs snooze alarm reminders?

Glad no one was hurt. Steve you're dandy near killing me here, LOL.

BigWhiteSquare:
He sounds like a good candidate for an air-integrated computer, or better yet a different hobby.

I was thinking the opposite of your first suggestion.

Perhaps he should have less technology, and actually THINK about his diving as he's doing it. His mind was obviously elsewhere (photo equipment?) to the exclusion of situation awareness. A fancier computer just adds another justification to not paying attention.

Your second suggestion, however, has much merit...

Jim, was this the deeper site at Oshima? If so, you can easily go well past 40 meters there and I wonder if he not only had a SPG "problem" but also a simultaneous depth gauge "problem."

That extra bottle must have been something coming down, glad it didn't land valve first on a rock, but if it had you might have had some really cool video to discuss with the class (and maybe sell to "Jackass.")

You know, it seems like you are starting to be a magnet for these situations, should I start to worry about diving with you or should I just lurk in your general area so's I can finally get myself a camera that will focus right.:maniac:

You know, it was the deeper site, Akinohama. However, the guy came from the left, not the right side which is in the deep direction.

We came from the left as well, and it seems to be 60 feet or so for a long time...

Don't really know. Glad we were there for him...great lesson as well.

For one morbid moment, I thought of having someone in our gorup snap a shot to document an actual air share...but I thought that was just too CNN...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom