The all inclusive Oriskany Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom wicker:
Mat here is another

R.J DIVES
They have a 48’ steel custom glass bottom boat with twin diesels and also run a fast 32’ aluminum 6 passenger boat with a full head with shower inside and out seating Not a bad boat
They are located just over the three mile bridge into Gulf Breeze coming from Pensacola.
The dive shop and boats are the third building on the right with the big dive flag
www.rjdives.com/homepensacola/ Capt. Randy Johnson 850 598 3483

I have found they can put a lobster dive together price wise that is easy on the wallet. They are growing and learning and taking a beating as the new kids on the block

Holy Spear It contact number is 850-698-0827

Due South Custom Charters
565-7247
26’ dusky runs as a six pak she has bean bag chairs 4 person min

I'm spending to much time over in Pensacola it looks like
added to the main post
Rick

Nice job !!! Great info. here...

Gary's Gulf Divers , Down Under and Kevin(Holy Spear It) run excellant dive charters!!!
I'll defenitely will be diving with all of them again.

What kind of temps can one expect on the Oriskany at different times of the year, and when is the best and worst times to dive her?

SteveC:
What kind of temps can one expect on the Oriskany at different times of the year,
Right now it's 90 at the surface, 79 on the flight deck. That's about as warm as it gets. Depending on the winter, temps my drop to as low as the mid 50's in February-March-April, but usually they bottom out in the low 60's.
and when is the best and worst times to dive her?
It's the Gulf of Mexico. The Oriskany is 17 miles off the beach as the crow flies. Visibility and weather are a crap shoot on any given day, but vis is usually excellent, and as long as it isn't stormy, seas are usually minimal in the summer and early fall (hurricane season). There are probably less "good diving conditions" days in the winter, but it's the Gulf and so you don't really know 'til the day... I guess if I had to schedule a week, I'd do it for this time of year (with one eye on the tropics), but it's perfectly possible to have great dives on her year 'round.
Rick

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The original info (post #1) has been updated today, 9/19/2007

Does anyone know if any of these charters have three open slots for Friday and Saturday of October 19th and 20th, 2007. We have divers that came down to dive the O on friday but the storms of thursday cancelled their charter early. If so please call 864-444-1791

FYI: This is the link most of use to check the weather for the Oriskany.

NDBC - NWS Forecast

This one is the buoy link (64 mi south of Dauphin Island) For reference, Dauphin Island is 50 mi west of Pensacola.

NDBC - Station 42040

Some one correct me if I'm wrong. I think I heard that R.J DIVES is no longer running.
Anyone know about this?

No idea, never heard of em until they were mentioned earlier by Tom, maybe he knows?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom