The all inclusive Oriskany Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some one correct me if I'm wrong. I think I heard that R.J DIVES is no longer running.
Anyone know about this?

I just talked to Randy about two days ago, He is still working with groups. I hope he dont go no where he is the home of the $85.00 lobster dive:D

Anybody use "Dive mighy O.com" There web site looks good, just wondering if anyone has any experiance with them.

The dive boat they have listed on their website is actually Down Under's 46' Newton. Why not go directly to the source? What do they provide that you won't get from going directly through the diveop?

I've never heard of anyone actually using them. Its damned easy to make a website look atleast that good :) There 'reports' page has no actual dive reports, and the last entry is on May 20th, 3 days after the Oriskany sunk. It appears to me, that their business is made by chartering you a spot on Down Unders dive boat. I assure you, its easy enough to do that on your own. It appears to me that they offer nothing of their own.

They want payments mailed to Boca Raton, FL, a far jaunt from P'Cola :wink:

Does anyone know of a liveaboard that goes to the Oriskany? I would think that with a 17+ mile boat ride into the Gulf, one would offer a liveaboard option.

Hi,
great thread!

We would like to create a virtual dive of the Oriskany as we did for the HMCS Yukon in San Diego - currently in beta testing here -> Virtual Diving - Explore your Ocean (and as we are doing for other ships in Canada, Florida, ... and so on).

We need local experts to help us establish relationship with the right people, agencies/entities and to locate / obtain for us the material we require to complete the task.

Please PM if you are interested in working with us on this project.

Best Regards,

I_AM

Does anyone know of a liveaboard that goes to the Oriskany? I would think that with a 17+ mile boat ride into the Gulf, one would offer a liveaboard option.

Last year there was a live aboard that came up from So. FL and spent 3 days(or nights?) on the Oriskany. I believe it left out of Destin(not its home port) and I think it was the Ocean Explorer or something like that. Its not a local boat, and I don't know how often they plan to make this type of trip.

Alot of the boats will take Tech divers out, if you want more than one splash expect an extra charge for the run time. Most of the tech friendly charters will let you splash once on the standard fee if you keep your full runtime the same as the typical 2 tank OW dive w/an hour SI.

I'm not sure if thats what you meant by RB friendly or not...

Are there any boats that are rebreather friendly or support RB?

Hey Fire

One of the things I've noted about rebreather divers/tech divers (I'm not one) this past summer was that they seem to need space. More so that us simple rec divers. I dove the O about 40 times last summer so my observations are based on that alone. The bigger boats like the H2O Below (Newton) seem to work for you guys.

You can call MBT (see phone numbers above) or Captain Douglas for more information. I'm a lowly tank lugging slave but they can help ya!

It is a blast on the O and the water is warmer than Chicago:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom