The best "cheap rubber glove" - dryglove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikko Ilari Laakkonen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I have been using drygloves seal-to-seal and with ring systems for a while but I am thinking of permanently gluing the gloves to my suit. I have used some generic blue hardware store "cheap rubber gloves" for cuff system and some of them were good, some bad. I have also read from this and other forums several times about "cheap rubber gloves". There is however a big variety between models and sometimes it might be hard to find the difference in between.

Would someone be able to point a spesific "cheap rubber glove" that has a good fit and is durable enough for permanent attachment. Preferably a one that can be ordered from online.

These are the ones that I use for pullovers: Latex Drysuit Glove "Pull Over" Buy at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

Not sure what you are considering, though... you want to pull these over the ring system and then glue them on to the wrists? Or you want to fix them to rings so that you can remove them? How would you put on your glove liners? Why would you want to glue them permanently in place? Or are you trying to make something like a zip glove setup...

I will take the seal off and glue the gloves to suit instead. I am tired of wrist seals and I am thinking on giving permanent gloves a go. No rings, no seals, just the gloves at the end of the sleeve.

If you're using zips, then this is one way to go. The gloves are very robust & inexpensive, too: Showa Best Glove, Inc. Providers of N-Dex and Atlas Glove Hand Protection. It's the Natural Latex #55. I've glued the zip on to the hard ring, but you could glue them directly to your suit. Of course, you will always be getting dressed with the gloves on. The setup I use lets me get dressed & put the gloves on just before I splash.

Attachments

• DUI Zip Seals with Si Tech Quick Dry Glove Docking & Best #5 - Copy.jpg
    DUI Zip Seals with Si Tech Quick Dry Glove Docking & Best #5 - Copy.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 133
I will take the seal off and glue the gloves to suit instead. I am tired of wrist seals and I am thinking on giving permanent gloves a go. No rings, no seals, just the gloves at the end of the sleeve.

Wow, I never heard of doing that. I have heard of DUI zip seals, which I guess are sort of the same thing except you can take them off and put them back on.

Have you seen that done?

No zip seals, I have basic latex seals right now with no rings of any kind. This is common practice with some commercial suits, especially the rubber ones (viking, loitokari, ursuit x3) but I have seen it being done with trilams like mine as well.

Pros are that you get more air to the gloves without seals restricting airflow at all and that it is very easy to don quickly with no seals or rings to hassle with. Another point is that there is no risk of having leakage in those crappy ring systems or a seal just a bit off leaking.

Cons are that you have the gloves on always when you have your suit totally donned but I can work everything with my gloves on as well so no problem. The other problem is that a rupture in a glove is a rupture in a suit. This can usually be managed too by holding the rupture.

Back
Top Bottom