The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you don't mind me asking what was your average depth and maximum depth on these dives?
If you're researching dive site profiles (kudos for good dive planning!), the below is a good starting point but beware the info can be outdated:
Scuba diving sites and GPS destinations: Wrecks, Coral Reefs, Reviews, Trip Charters. - Dive Spots
Scuba Diving West Palm Beach
Diving at the dive sites around Palm Beach, Lake Worth and Riviera Beach.
Wannadive.net, The dive site atlas, maps, GPS location, photos of scubadiving sites.

We are going on a Sunday in June and might request these sites.
Assuming you dive w/ Underwater Explorer, Kevin can also help select a good site that day (be it a change in diver experience / comfort, weather, sea state, or whatever). If you're not diving w/ Underwater Explorer, well, wait, why aren't you diving w/ Underwater Explorer? :wink:

-s.d

So Kev. How's it looking for tomorrow? Wide angle or macro. ;-)

-- Martin

It's definitely going to be a wide angle day for me, but then again, I don't have a macro lens.

Vis today was about 40', but it was blue-ish. The dives were actuall pretty good. The water was warm, 79 or 80 degrees ( a three or four degree thermocline was pouring over the reef briefly on the last dive but it was bearable), a gentle north current. We did three tanks. The seas were 2-4 for most of the trip, but picked up a bit temporarily around a squall that came through.

There was quite a bit going on, actually. Lots of nurse sharks, a batfish, eels, rays. It was fun! I have pics, but I'm at the shop filling tanks. I probably won't be able to get them up until after the weekend. We even saw an old four masted pirate ship, or a reproduction of one.

very nice

It's definitely going to be a wide angle day for me, but then again, I don't have a macro lens.

Vis today was about 40', but it was blue-ish. The dives were actuall pretty good. The water was warm, 79 or 80 degrees ( a three or four degree thermocline was pouring over the reef briefly on the last dive but it was bearable), a gentle north current. We did three tanks. The seas were 2-4 for most of the trip, but picked up a bit temporarily around a squall that came through.

There was quite a bit going on, actually. Lots of nurse sharks, a batfish, eels, rays. It was fun! I have pics, but I'm at the shop filling tanks. I probably won't be able to get them up until after the weekend. We even saw an old four masted pirate ship, or a reproduction of one.

Kev,

Friday was AWESOME!!!! Saturday was Excellante' Monday was just OUT STANDING!!!

As always Kim and I have a ball diving with you and Alex, we will be back soon. and perhaps bring a new OW diver with us for some ocean dives. Joey is coming in too and I imagine he will be back on the boat, but we have to keep him from getting seasick!!

Last Monday, I had a serious case of camera envy going on, I can't wait to see some of the pictures you guys took.

Joe

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom