The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe the cornet fish were on the second day, second dive. So that would not have been black condo. We started to go there, but there was another group there already, so we went north.

-- Martin

Okay! We had some pretty good diving over the holiday weekend, even though it got a bit spicy out there from time to time. I was thinking that all of the rain we were getting was going to muck up the vis a bit, but we did okay... about 40 feet on Friday and 60 or so on Saturday and Sunday, then back down to about 50 on Monday. There was a layer of green on top, but underneath it was okay. The water has remained near 80 degrees, and we had gentle to moderate north currents on all of our dives.

I've got my pictures all in an uproar somehow, and can't remember which ones were from which day, and on top of that, I'm using a 32" LCD TV for a monitor, and all of my pictures look a bit weird to me, but they looked okay on the camera so I'm going to go ahead and post them anyway.

JoenKimnBarb.jpg

This was pretty typical.... very dark due to the cloud cover, but lots of fish.

madbats.jpg

Divematt has a good eye, and found this pair of batfish. I can tell by the expressions on their faces that they did not appreciate the interruption.

Mattntutr.jpg

Here's Divematt again. He seems to have captured the attention of a loggerhead. There were lots of turtles, mostly loggerheads but some hawksbills and greens too.

turt-4.jpg

taggedturtle.jpg

This loggerhead had a tethered transmitter attached at the very back of it's shell. I poked around a bit to see if I could figure out who this turtle was, and who was tracking it, but all of the projects I found on the internet were using glued on transmitters. If anyone can figure out who's turtle this is, I would love to send them this picture of their turtle in action.

sleepingmaleh-bill.jpg

This big male hawksbill is not a turtle I see on a regular basis like the three locals. He was snoozing pretty hard.

rays.jpg

I think Mschiff has the reciprocal of this shot in his album. Thanks Martin!

Joe-1.jpg

Here's jdavissrusa cruising above the ledge.

creolewrasses.jpg

We found the school of creole wrasses to end all schools on one of the dives.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom