The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin,

Thanks again Kevin for some awesome diving this past Saturday. The seas were good, the vis was fine, the water was warm, and the 6 Goliath Groupers, nurse sharks, monster turtles, Green and spotted Moray's, and the seahorse were all very cooperative.

We'll see you again soon.

Matt

Kevin Awesome pics as usual & what great finds. Had to look up the brotula as I've never even heard of them. And a seahorse on the REEF!!!!???!!!. Only you could find that-now I can give up the bridge.
Oh & by the way the next time I dive with you I will be the one hanging on to your fins with my camera aimed at whatever you find!!!
Deb

Kevin Awesome pics as usual & what great finds. Had to look up the brotula as I've never even heard of them. And a seahorse on the REEF!!!!???!!!. Only you could find that-now I can give up the bridge.
Oh & by the way the next time I dive with you I will be the one hanging on to your fins with my camera aimed at whatever you find!!!
Deb

Hey! Is that an option to hang onto his fins the whole dive???? I wanna do that!!!

Wouldn't have to kick at all. Talk about a lazy dive.

Hey! Is that an option to hang onto his fins the whole dive???? I wanna do that!!!

And just think of the buoyancy control!!

We did that on a dive off of Miami Beach one time. It was a drift with A/O/W students. I was carrying the flag. Actually, it was carrying me. There was no current at depth, but a lot at the surface. They all thought I was swimming away from them really fast until they realized they I was not kicking. My wife grabbed my fins, and We soon had a chain of divers hanging in line getting taken for a ride.

We did that on a dive off of Miami Beach one time. It was a drift with A/O/W students. I was carrying the flag. Actually, it was carrying me. There was no current at depth, but a lot at the surface. They all thought I was swimming away from them really fast until they realized they I was not kicking. My wife grabbed my fins, and We soon had a chain of divers hanging in line getting taken for a ride.

Sounds like a scuba conga line. heh maybe we should try for a Guinness World Book of Records LOL!
Anyone interested in an am dive trip on the 16th Looks like the boat is available
Boat dives in the morning & THE bridge in the afternoon is my wish

PS my email here isn't working so post or call Kevin

Last edited:
Anyone interested in an am dive trip on the 16th Looks like the boat is available
Boat dives in the morning & THE bridge in the afternoon is my wish
I just might join in on that trip! I've got 3 trips booked with Kev around that time so assuming the finances are agreeable, I might be able to swing a 4th. :wink: Depending on someone willing to dive with a BHB virgin, I'd very much like to make that trip, too.

Woo-hoo! I wanna go too! I'll dive up at the brigde with you! My son will be visiting then though, I'll have to see if he wants to come first.

Im the meantime... THERMOCLINE.

Yes the west wind has brought on an upwelling, which is clear, but cold. The water on top is a nasty brown/green 80 degree 20 foot viz layer , but the bottom layer was about 70 foot viz, maybe more, and 73 degrees. It may be gone by now though... we were getting some pretty strong southeast winds as the day wore on. There were some high seas associated with some of the storms that blew through, but I missed the nasty stuff because I was underwater. One of the passengers indicated a wave height of about 5 feet, but for the most part, it was 2' in the morning and about 2-3' in the afternoon. We had a slight to moderate south current all day long. Here are som e pics from today.

tonygoliath-1.jpg

twonursesacobeandtwodivers.jpg

Craignnurse.jpg

diversonLynns.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on jet lag I am out with you on 14th or 15th. I will really try the 14th. I am up for whatever. I have some new gear to try and want to get squared for dives later in month (June 25-26) as well. Only a week or so away :) I am hoping a few SB regulars will be able to go as well.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom