The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anybody ID the nudi Kevin found at Blue Heron?
nudi_2.jpg

I wonder if these guys were just juveniles, and that's why I'm having such a hard time IDing them. They were only about 1cm in length.

Cool pics man!

LOVe the pic of the trumpet fish.

I wonder if these guys were just juveniles, and that's why I'm having such a hard time IDing them. They were only about 1cm in length.

Cool pics man!

Thanks to my handy Caribbean Sea Slugs i.d. book it appears to be a:
Cratena c. peregrina, family Fadelindae. And as a matter of fact the photo in the book was taken at the BHB too. Says size up to 25mm long so likely not a juvenile.

Ok Kev, it's been pretty quiet here.
What's the story on that FILM you shot when we last dove together?

Ok Kev, it's been pretty quiet here.
What's the story on that FILM you shot when we last dove together?

I was disappointed with most of it. We've been pretty busy getting the boat ready for summer, and recently diving. I have a couple of reports on the way, but I'm just barely having enough time to sleep lately. Thanks for the nudi ID!

I was disappointed with most of it. We've been pretty busy getting the boat ready for summer, and recently diving. I have a couple of reports on the way, but I'm just barely having enough time to sleep lately. Thanks for the nudi ID!

Bummer! Thats why FILM is so frustrating. But you still gotta use up that block in the fridge you just might surprise yourself one day.

I heard from Brian last night [we missed you and Naoko] you've been working on the boat. Can't wait till diveable conditions for me to get onboard again.

I got the nudi book and The Nudi Queen (book contributor) connection so anytime.

And Kelly, I'll be by the shop to p/u my new housing afterwards. :)

:14: Hope you didn't go too far out of your way before you found out we are closed on weekends. :14:

Looking forward to some trip reports from the weekend Brian!

Had an awesome time out there on Saturday, Kevin. I'm headed to CA for awhile, it was a perfect day to spend in warm clear BLUE water. :) Thanks!

Parts of this dive report are plagiarized from my dive buddy, other parts aren't, all of it is true :D

We had a couple of beautiful dives with Kevin and Alex on the Explorer out of Boynton on Saturday. First was the M/V Castor @ 113 ft. It was a great dive except my dive buddy kept disappearing inside the wreck. At one point, I thought it was going to come down to a showdown between her and a jewfish, but obviously the jewfish knew better than to annoy her while she was trying to buy a t-shirt because he let us pass without so much as a fin flick.

The second was a long drifting reef dive, where she had close encounter with a moray. She'd just descended (of course I was off in the distance, the flag was pulling me away) and was drifting about a foot or so over the reef tweaking her buoyancy when she drifted about 6-8 inches DIRECTLY over a free swimming moray. Easily close enough for him to have taken a bite out of her new t-shirt. We saw several morays, as well as a three golden-spotted eels on this dive. I also lit up a GORGEOUS hog under the reef ledges as well as two turtles, lovingly dubbed "Skanky turtle" and "Sleepy Turtle". A nurse shark (nurses are awesome people) under a ledge, a couple lobsters (safe until July) and the rest of the usual suspects. Followed by lunch at the Docksiders Eatery. All in all a stellar day on the water! :)

The stats, 77 degree water, 100' viz, seas 3-5' and steep, just the way I like it.

Kevin and Alex, you guys rock like Ted Nugent :14:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom